|Location||Charleston, South Carolina|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Volvo is offering a $25,000 Sign-on Bonus for Multi-Craft Maintenance Technicians!
Want to join us on our exciting journey?
Volvo Cars is on an exciting journey, redefining the automotive experience by innovating to make people's lives less complicated. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference.
Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
We are actively seeking multi-craft maintenance technicians to join our Volvo Car manufacturing plant in Ridgeville, South Carolina as we ramp up to launch the all-new Volvo XC90!
Why would I want to work for Volvo?
* Insurance starts on Day 1 of employment
* 15 days of Paid Time Off
* 14 paid holidays
* $25,000 Sign-on Bonus
* Volvo Employee Lease Program
* Parental Leave
* Competitive pay and pay progression
What do I need to be qualified for the Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician role at Volvo?
* High School Diploma or G.E.D
* Proven experience and technical knowledge in a highly automated manufacturing environment
* 2 years of experience and technical knowledge in the areas of electrical and mechanical maintenance of equipment, OR military experience in a technical field OR an Associate's Degree in a technical field
* Proficient in both electrical and mechanical knowledge and abilities
* Basic hand/power tool familiarity
* The ability to read and interpret manufacturing specifications or work instructions
* Knowledge of and experience with industrial electricity, mechanics, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics in a manufacturing environment
* Basic computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, email), including knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (i.e., SAP or Maximo)
* Pumping system maintenance experience
* Conveyor system maintenance experience
* Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (i.e., SAP or Maximo)
* Ability to troubleshoot and program PLCs
* Detail-Oriented, strong communication skills and positive attitude.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
* Ability to appropriately conduct maintenance in a high stress manufacturing environment.
* Availability to work any shift (weekends, holidays and overtime).
* Ability to perform the essential functions of the job such as lifting and moving up to 33lbs, standing for extended periods, bending, squatting or kneeling or climbing stairs or ladders.
* Must be able to legally work in the US without sponsorship.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check.
What additional skills would set me apart from other applicants?
* Previous experience in Automotive industry
* Experience changing out bearing and motors
* PLC and Siemens system education and/or experience
* Robotics (ABB, DURR) experience
What will my day-to-day responsibilities be as a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician?
The Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician will execute maintenance tasks, which require an in-depth technical knowledge of automated equipment. The technician will troubleshoot, and repair complex equipment breakdowns involving mechanical and electrical aspects of machinery, analyze failures or equipment technical loss causes, and make or suggest improvements as needed, all while:
* Ensuring compliance with appropriate safety policies and procedures.
* Being able to perform all maintenance activities related to his/her assigned action area, including planned tasks regarding predictive and preventive maintenance.
* Applying problem solving skills to reduce the consequences of failure.
* Taking initiative and actively participating actively in problem analysis, identification of root causes and suitable permanent solutions.
* Creating improvement proposals and executing tasks resulting from improvement proposals.
* Completing administrative tasks using the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
* Supporting operators by providing training.
* Applying her/his maintenance experience and competence.
* Responding to and resolving maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
* Actively troubleshooting maintenance issues and tasks to ensure proper and timely resolution.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
The starting wage for a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician is $30.00 per hour for 1st shift and $31.75 per hour for 2nd shift, both with a very competitive pay progression schedule.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers' lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars' continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Charleston, SC, US
Job requisition ID: 49640
Nearest Major Market: Charleston South Carolina
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina