|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
RS&H Buildings Engineering is currently seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer for our Norfolk, VA office.
In the Mechanical Engineering role, the candidate will be responsible for the design of mechanical building systems, such as HVAC and plumbing. The position will work closely with other engineers and architects as part of a multi-discipline design team working on domestic and international projects in support of our Buildings Engineering clients. Additionally, the candidate will have direct relationships with clients in direct support of their project needs. Come join us to further develop your experience and responsibilities with this excellent opportunity.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply and grow your skills and experience to:
- Solve environmental challenges through the development of innovative solutions for sustainable facilities
- Leverage strong leadership skills while working as the Lead Project Engineer for mechanical systems
- Apply your analytical skills through the preparation and direction of studies, scoping documents, and other project critical reports and documentation
- Orchestrate the successful coordination of project schedules with respect to both construction cost and fee budgets
- Elevate collaboration within a full-service team of like-minded architects, engineers, and project managers
- Coach and mentor junior staff to become the next generation of engineers, project managers, and leaders
- Implement continuous process improvements to enhance client services
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience in building mechanical system design
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Working experience with AutoCAD and REVIT
- Prior project and/or project management experience within the general federal or defense sector is desired
- Due to our project types for the Defense Department, applicants must be US citizens or permanent legal residents
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
We take pride in having partnered with the Department of Defense for more than 70 years on facilities and infrastructure projects designed to protect, train, and service military personnel and their families. From hangars and airfields to training and command facilities, you could be a part of a team that is changing the landscape of national security. Whatever military projects arise, we re ready to support our uniformed men and women that protect and serve our nation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are consistently ranked among the nation s top 100 design firms and have worked in over 50 countries across the globe. With a tradition that began in 1941, RS&H is an employee-owned firm committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.