|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
Trades & Services
For many roles at this client, assignment is contingent upon the Employer of Record's receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (meaning two weeks have passed after the last injection of Pfizer/Moderna or two weeks after receipt of the J&J). In some locations, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Under the supervision of the Manufacturing Facilitator or designee, the Material Coordinator / material handler is responsible to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between production lines according to the production schedule. Keeps production area supplied with kanban raw materials, performs Kanban audits, and / or transfers material to and from the warehouse. Transfers released product to warehouse. Maintains the production area in an organized manner. POC to move all Hot materials to each product line. Participates in raw material inventory cycle counts accurately. Follows QSR, ISO, safety and environmental regulations.
- Use computer system to track shortages and research which parts are on the production floor.
- Performs all necessary transactions related to job.
- Brings all required materials to the production area and moves work in process and finished product to the appropriate areas. Generates documentation for material movement in accordance with company policies. Keep close control of materials in production area to ensure smooth flow of materials. Notifies Shift Leader or Production Manager of any actual or potential shortages.
- Track material movement throughout the day, ensuring delivery between internal productions departments are made in a timely fashion
- Monitor the progress of parts on the shortage report and relay the results to the Production Manager and Production Planner to update the Master Schedule
- Works with warehouse to bring all required materials to the production area and moves work in process and finished product to the appropriate areas. Generates documentation for material movement in accordance with company policies. Keep close control of materials in production area to ensure smooth flow of materials. Notifies Shift Leader or Manufacturing Facilitator of any actual or potential shortages.
- Requisitions materials needed for the production area. Utilizes production plans and computerized system to ensure that adequate level of raw materials are kept in the production area. Verifies quantities and items requisitioned when received for correctness.
- Moves work in process to staging area for next operation.
- Sorts and stacks materials in accordance with company policies.
- Assists Shift Leader in maintaining inventory of indirect materials and supply items.
- Active participation in Lean Activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Listens effectively (actively listens)
- Provides support to those who need it
- Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
- Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures.
o High School Diploma / GED and able to read and write English
o Needs to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Deals with routine situations requiring exercise of judgment.
Performs manual calculations, verifies documentation. Interprets information obtained from computerized inventory system.
Writes neat and clear information in inventory records. Uses mechanized material movement equipment.
- Heavy work. Requires constant moving or lifting objects. Walking and pushing to move materials.
- Two years' experience in a manufacturing environment (Preferably medical device manufacturing).