|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Marine Senior Risk Engineering Consultant
Zurich's Marine Risk Engineering team is seeking a Senior Risk Engineering Consultant with Marine Risk Engineering experience to support Zurich Resilience Solutions This is a work from home role within the United States.This role includes 25% nationwide travel.
In this role you will provide risk assessment and risk improvement services for customers and business partners in specific or multiple lines of business. Act as arecognizedexpert with an enhanced level of expertise in respect to the marine line of business.
As a Marine Sr Risk Engineering Consultant your responsibilities will include:
• Assess the quality of complex risks as described in the appropriate standard(s) and related competency level and assess loss potentials in accordance with agreed definitions.
• Support external customers by identifying, and reducing the risks that they face individually, and on an overall account basis.
• Provide appropriate risk improvement advice, conduct loss investigations (including both trend and root cause analysis), and implement risk improvement programs.
• Share technical expertise with colleagues, business partners and customers through training delivery or participation in a Centre of Expertise or industry segment.
• Produce work that complies with Company standards, in terms of technical quality of policies and procedures.
• Anticipate, recognize and respond to the needs of customers by providing expert solutions and training to key customer(s), and contribute to Business Operation Profit through opportunity spotting and cross selling.
• Develop and maintain positive customer and business partner relationships and collaborate with both customers and Business partners to develop appropriate service plans.
• Resolve technical issues, problems, and projects in reference to policies and procedures within a specific function or unit.
• Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience within Marine Risk Engineering
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience within Marine Risk Engineering
• Zurich Certified Apprentice, including an Associates degree and 6 or more years of experience within Marine Risk Engineering
• Experience working in a team environment
+ 8+ or more years' experience in marine risk engineering and/or previous risk engineering role within an insurance environment
+ Knowledge of industry standards relative to maritime transit safety and security (IMO, TAPA etc.)
+ Demonstrated knowledge of risk related to all transportation modes (rail, truck, vessel, aircraft, barge etc)
+ The ability to carry out warehouse and Logistics reviews when required
+ Must have the ability to assess risk across multiple cargo commodity classes and articulate a risk quality review to support Marine Underwriting and our business partners
+ Strong communication skills and the ability to actively participate in client broker meetings
+ Work independently without close supervision
+ The ability to strategically appoint and manage third party surveyors to support global Loss control activity and review reports for content and quality
+ High degree of proficiency in using computer and related software or systems
The salary range for this role is $125,900. This is the range Zurich NA in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performedremotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensationuntil such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500 . Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please clickhere () to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Remote Work (US)
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: