|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Are you a motivated Manufacturing Engineer who wants to make an impact? Are you driven to grow and improve both yourself, the team, and the company you work for? Do you want to be challenged to solve problems and produce medical products that improve people s lives? If so, read on
This critical role will support the site with responsibility for engineering process development, sustainment, improvement, and supporting overall operations growth and profitability.
The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet s principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ownership of manufacturing documentation - BOMs, Item Masters, Routings, In Process Drawings, Programs
- Own and lead PFMEAs - partner with quality team on control plans and ensuring measurement systems are in place meeting or exceeding process requirements. Partner with customer or internal design teams on DFMEA inputs as well as working with outputs.
- Provide oversight for tooling - perishable and non-perishable/fixturing
- Partner with quality on gauges & measurement systems
- Equipment - partner with maintenance team to ensure assets are properly maintained and fit for duty - support TPM deployment
- CAPEX - Support capital equipment planning, evaluation, and specification for the site and be interface with Tecomet Group/Corporate CAPEX process.
- Project management - Plan, lead and/or support site level projects including new equipment, NPI, process design, transfers, and lean process improvement.
- Process support - Be the primary support function for production, troubleshooting and providing required support to maintain production safety, quality, delivery, and productivity.
- Be an active ME team member on NPI efforts involving the site.
- Conduct manufacturing estimating for quotations ensuring standard methods and approach used including time studies, research, and testing as needed.
- Drive continuous process improvement in setup times as well as cycle times to improve productivity and throughput in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Manufacturing Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment including precision machining. Assembly experience a plus.
- Project Management training and/or certification ideal (ex: CAPM, PMP)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks preferred) - ability to design tooling and fixturing as well as generate in process prints.
- CNC programming and machining experience - milling (vertical) required (horizontal a plus). Turning, swiss, mill-turn experience are all favorable as well.
- Knowledge of CAM systems (MasterCAM preferred) and ability to do CNC programming and machining process development.
- Working knowledge of stainless steels and titanium materials.
- Experience with project management - assessing, planning, executing, and closing
- Working knowledge and expertise in new product and process introduction (NPPI) and validation (PPAP, PFMEA/DFMEA, etc). Experience in medical or aerospace environments are ideal.
- Experience with problem solving and driving root cause solutions (RCCM, 8D, DMAIC, etc).
- Manufacturing engineering fundamentals - engineering drawing and specification interpretation, GD&T, equipment design, and process documentation.
- Basic lean and/or industrial engineering knowledge and experience - process flow, equipment and line layout, ergonomics, etc.
- Basic ERP knowledge - able to create and maintain basic manufacturing documentation (routings, BOMs, item masters, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Goal oriented and able to complete assignments on time with significant latitude and self-direction while exercising sound engineering judgement.
Salary range between $60,000 - $90,000
The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be required to stand. The employee could frequently be required to walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee could be required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee could occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job could include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Protected Veterans / Disabilities / Drug Free Workplace
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.