|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product to manage project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions
- Own the applications' technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems
- Drive design and development of resilient, reliable, scalable and self-healing solutions to meet and exceed customer requirements
- Ensure that all parts of the application eco system are thoroughly and effectively covered with telemetry
- Relieve the team of "churn" and "waste" by driving automation of menial tasks
- Collaborate with leaders across partner-teams to drive cohesive and optimal solutions
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Manage forecasts and budgets from multiple funding sources for engineering team demand
- Recruit and lead a team of full-stack engineers, driving career development and owning standard resource manager responsibilities
- Mentor the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with languages such as C#, Java or Python as an engineer
- 2+ years writing unit or integration tests
- 1+ years of software engineering leadership experience
- 1+ years of production experience with cloud technologies
- 1+ years of production operational support
- Experience working with teams that leveraged two or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, web applications, web services, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture.
- Solid understanding of software engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile, and dev-ops.
- Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
- Development experience in .NETCore, Java, Cloud, Kubernetes, Angular, Message Queues
- Healthcare domain background
- Instrumenting apps with Prometheus/Grafana, and creating effective alarms and dashboards
- Log indexing tools (e.g. ELK stack, Datadog, Splunk, Sumologic)
- SRE principles (error budgets, alarming practices, etc)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineering, Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home