|Date Posted||May 26, 2021|
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at
FireEye Mandiant Threat Intel Product & Engineering is setting a new standard and changing how organizations can identify and confirm relevant cyber security threats. We develop solutions that enable our customers to know more about their adversaries than anyone else by providing access to a wide array of data and indicators as active threats emerge. We do this by leveraging optimized breach intelligence data, cultivated from the frontlines of cyber security-this includes more than 300 intelligence analysts and researchers in 26 countries and over 200,000 hours responding to breaches, in the last year alone.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to provide day-to-day leadership and guidance to a team of Core Intel Engineers. The role is directly tied to the success of the Mandiant Threat Intel and requiring candidates with proven experience leading development efforts in the delivery of enterprise software products, as it serves as an integral foundation of our product and service offering to customers.
What You Will Do
- Provide technical leadership and inspiration to a team of software engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Mentor and manage the professional development of team members
- Lead and leverage agile development methodologies and tools
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge and improve the technology stack
- Guide technology selections and perform technology evaluations
- Actively participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Lead discussions and interpret requirements defined by Product Management or stakeholders
- Collaborate with Product manager and Engineering leadership to maintain product roadmaps, delivery strategies, prioritization, and timelines
- Lead engineering walkthroughs and technical demo sessions as required.
- Manage remote teams and be willing to reach out and collaborate when needed
- 10+ years of overall software development experience and 2+ years managing a software engineering team.
- Experience leading a full stack engineering team .
- Hands-on expertise in many technologies, including user interfaces and back end systems.
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, Aurora, and Lambda.
- Knowledge of queuing architectures such as Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Familiar with container solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, and OpenShift.
- Experience with Configuration Management and CI/CD tools (puppet, salt, ansible, terraform, Jenkins)
- Track record of building and delivering enterprise or highly scalable software systems.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks and projects
- Capable of articulating, verbally and in writing, abstract concepts as well as detailed technical information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL, as well as NoSQL ones like Elasticsearch.
- Comfortable with agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence is desire
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $116,800. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye's Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
- Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)