|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Come join the exciting world of aviation!! Established in 2006, our company provides multi-functional aviation services offering passenger, cargo and ground support with a focus on safety and quality. For us, success lies in delivering peace of mind to our customers, and we are passionate about ensuring their needs are met - on time, every time.
Do you have an interest in the Aviation industry? We are searching for individuals who are team players and eager!
The Manager, Passenger Assistance is responsible for executing the strategic and operational plan for his/her airport passenger assistance operation through strong leadership. The position will focus on safety, developing our people, and delivering a consistent experience. A professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by the employee. "Lead by Example" concept is strongly promoted.
Responsible for the safe and efficient operations in their department. Manager, Passenger Assistance is required to ensure appropriate training is conducted and ongoing supervision to ensure the safety of their workers.
• Develop and implement safety plan for department
• Actively participates in the Safety Management System (SMS)
• Have a complete understanding of all contract details by carrier and base to ensure we are maximizing our revenue for each carrier handled.
• Meeting or exceeding manpower targets for department (measured and reported on a weekly basis to the Operations Manager).
• Hold passenger assistance staff accountable for meeting or exceeding all safety, financial, and operational objectives
• Develop department specific plan 3 and 6 months in advance for approval by the Operations Manager. Plans will include safety, manpower requirements, training, seasonal operational changes, and schedule changes.
• Assess and develop leads to maximize potential (succession planning)
• Coordination and oversight of wheelchair activities
• Ensure that processes are delivered within SLA standards and compliance limits while adhering to safety requirements
• Responsible for the safety and security of all employees
• Maintain Quality Assurance oversight for operational issues relating to output and safety, providing suitable corrective and/or preventative actions where necessary
• Ensure staff have access to the Quality Management System information in enabling them to comply with company policies, processes and procedures
• Ensure employees are adequately trained in Quality Assurance to understand, implement, and maintain all quality objectives as outlined within our Quality Management System.
• Cooperate fully with Inspectors to achieve quality inspection commitments
The Manager, Passenger Assistance daily responsibilities involve supervision, scheduling and training of our people within the passenger assistance department; ensuring they are adhering to Standard Operating Procedures with regard to Service Level Agreements and Health and Safety requirements. The Manager, Passenger Assistance must also seek to understand each customer s needs and strive to exceed their expectations on a daily basis.
Safety, Supervision, and Staffing
• Establish and communicate station goals and results to our people; maintain an ongoing open relationship with frontline people through direct contact and interaction.
• Understand Strategic Aviation s manpower methodology, planning, sked plan and systems. Work with Operations Manager and HR to determine staffing levels and operational requirements are concurrent, paying particular attention to seasonal needs while keeping unproductive labour costs and overtime to a minimum.
• Assist in interviewing and recommending the selection of employees based on job requirements with HR; complete and submit all required documentation in a timely manner.
• Coordinate all training requirements/re-certifications to ensure audit compliance with Corporate Trainer.
• Weekly communication (email/report) with operational updates, staffing requirements, training needs etc.
• Weekly communication to ensure Safe Operating Procedures (SOP s) are implemented and enforced, and corrective action taken against behavior that is violating SOP s and/or Company policy, including timely Intelex reporting.
• Ongoing communication for process issues and/or ideas.
Supervisor / Lead / PAA s
• Daily communication with Supervisor, Lead PAA on operational, manpower and safety issues.
• Daily and weekly communications with PAAs providing feedback on safety, operational performance, training needs and company information/updates.
• Provide weekly wheelchair service equipment reports to Operations Manager including serviceable and unserviceable equipment.
• Coordinate repairs of equipment with onsite Mechanic.
• Coordinate seasonal maintenance on all equipment.
Airport Authority/Airline Customers/Security
• Daily, weekly and monthly communication with Airline representatives on operational issues and performance.
• Weekly communication with AA, Security, Airlines key personnel, and other ground handler leadership to work collaboratively and build relationships.
• Ensure that SA is properly represented on all key Airport Committees and Airport related functions.
Health and Safety / Incident Reporting
• Complete and submit applicable WCB accident/injury/illness reports within specified time limits.
• Ensure all incidents are reported to Director of Operations via GPET within specified time limits.
• Ensure all incidents are reported/communicated to the airline customer in a timely manner, in their preferred format.
• Complete weekly safety audits of the operation.
• Develop a yearly safety plan with your leadership including Emergency Response, Audits etc.
• Participate in Health & Safety Committee.
• Consistently promote and support a safe work environment.
Fiscal Responsibilities / Administrative
• Fiscal responsibility of Service Level Agreements (SLA s) related to operational performance.
• Daily input of Daily Flight Record (DFR) data - timeliness and accuracy are critical.
• Daily review of Dayforce, validating the hours against manpower schedule, carefully managing overtime and maintaining manpower levels within 2% of targets
• Daily review of wheelchair equipment inspection
• Monitor base costs, expenditures and budget variances monthly to maintain base within 2% of targets.
• Expense accounts are accurately submitted and approved by Director within 7 days of month end
• 5 years airline operational experience preferred
• Minimum 2 years business leadership experience
• Proven track record in:
Managing an operational budget
Leading a team to deliver superior customer service to a variety of customers
Developing effective leadership teams
Effecting change through influence; lead by example
• Proficient in PC based applications; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
• Knowledge of company SOP s, policies and Safety Management Program
• Demonstrated knowledge of safety in the workplace; including safety requirements and reporting methods as per Provincial and Federal Labour Standards
• Exceptional communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization, both oral and written
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
• Above average organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
• Comfortable presenting materials and reports to next 2 levels
• High level of personal integrity
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Willingness to work weekends and evenings as required, and be on-call 24/7
• Ability to:
Interpret and implement company policies and procedures
Motivate Passenger Assistance Agents and other staff to meet associated goals as required for effective safe day to day operations
Deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
Work co-operatively between key management personnel and co-workers to achieve company goals and maintain operations
Prepare for and respond to unforeseen changes/challenges related to safety and operations performance as it pertains to date to day operations
Successfully multitask and handle changing priorities
Work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
Consistently demonstrate a safety focused mindset
Thank you for your application with Strategic Aviation Ltd. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, or age.