|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Manager of Construction Equipment Test & Validation, North America
Kubota Construction Machinery Division
Salina, KS 67401
We are currently seeking a Manager of CE Test & Validation to join our team in Salina, KS. The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to build their team, provide input and define the test equipment/instrumentation needed, test lab layout, on-site field test layout as well as work with other teams to achieve the plans that will be made. As a manager will be accountable for the deliverables of the team. This role will work in collaboration with the Director of CE Research and Development for North America along with the Manager of CE Engineering.
The Manager of CE Test & Validation will be responsible for the hiring and formation of a world class test and validation team as well as test facility for the new Kubota North American R&D facility in Salina, KS for Construction Equipment. The Test & Validation Manager and the hired team will be accountable for testing and validating the new product as well as well as supporting the continuous improvement of the Compact Track Loader and Skid Steer Loader products for North America. The position will manage and align all product development initiatives with a focus on validation priorities, day-to-day management of simultaneous projects, confirming the designs meet the agreed to specifications within time, budget constraints, and fostering innovative solutions to test and validate at the component level as well as full vehicles consistent with the organization's strategy. The successful candidate will ensure that Kubota has the test capabilities in place to meet the company's objectives by ensuring the testing capacity, competency, facility, instrumentation and systems knowledge required to achieve the following goals:
- Establish local Test and Validation center within the R&D center in Salina.
- Assure CE products meet the safety, quality, robustness and performance customers expect for Kubota products.
- Shorten product development cycle through creative and technically sound accelerated test and validation methods to bring new products to market more efficiently
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for leading the test and validation team aligned with the vision, strategy and direction of the research and development of Kubota's construction equipment products in North America.
- Determine equipment needs, capital expenditures, and return on investment to support validation and test.
- Consistent with the organization's strategy, prioritize and direct all test and validation projects and take responsibility for hiring, performance management and coaching employees.
- Align with other business unit leaders on resource needs to support product development and sustaining activities.
- Continually evaluate the team talent, determine gaps in test and validation knowledge and or organizational positioning in order to implement proper training or organizational restructuring.
- Lead the development and adherence of procedures, test methods, validation master plans and other validation and test related documentation such as compiling data into comprehensive validation packages with results summaries.
- Collaborate with other members of the management team to align test & validation strategy and direction with the overall goals of the organization.
- In coordination with Kubota's commercial organization, support the development of the product roadmap as part of the strategic planning process to assure an optimal research and development organization is maintained to meet that product road map.
- Develop new and creative test and validation methods with sound technical ability and outstanding leadership in order to rapidly optimize the launch of new products while maintaining safety, quality, durability and reliability.
- 10+ years of product test and validation experience with 5+ years leading and managing technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and commitment to excellence, and coach on these skills
- A significant record of accomplishment in the development of test methods, defining test criteria testing and validation at the component, sub-system and full vehicle level within the Construction, Agricultural or Off-Highway capital equipment industry.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills in making critical go/no-go decisions within the R&D stage gate process in collaboration with the Manager of Engineering.
- Plan, coordinate and track the progress of validation projects.
- Work cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs, and able to work well with diverse opinions and competing priorities.
- Someone who is a strategic team leader and people developer that is also willing to support their team in day-to-day responsibilities as needed.
- A strong bias for action. Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task-oriented self-starter who proactively takes on big ideas and projects
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines and to seek assistance/direction when necessary.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required, advanced degree in Engineering preferred.