|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
Maintenance Technician II
49 FedEx Drive
Middletown, CT 06457
FedEx Ground is HIRING Maintenance Technician II positions.
Perks and Benefits at FedEx Ground
- Competitive wages paid weekly for both full and part-time opportunities.
- $5,250 tuition reimbursement every year with no lifetime cap! All employees are eligible for this awesome benefit on their first day of employment!
- Generous paid time off program - work your way up to 5 weeks of PTO a year!
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after a short waiting period..
- Valuable employee discounts on things like cell phone plans, electronics, cars, and restaurants.
- Free Purple Pathways career development program for all FedEx Ground employees.
- Paid parental leave for both moms and dads!
- Employee networks, and diversity, equity, and inclusion programs available for all employees.
Supports the FedEx Ground Facility electro-mechanical maintenance effort through basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/industrial electrical operational knowledge of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repair.
- Performs assigned basic preventative maintenance work according to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is executed fully.
- Responds promptly to sort calls; diagnoses the failure; makes required repairs.
- Performs basic troubleshooting techniques on all material handling systems to diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical and control system problems.
- Ability to use the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports.
- Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
- May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule NONESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
Four (4) years (or 2 years with preferred degree) light industrial maintenance experience to include:
- Basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/electrical or machine controls
- Basic related troubleshooting skills
- Basic mechanical or electrical installation Four (4) years (or two (2) with degree) related military technical experience in electrical and/or mechanical trades will be considered equivalent to the minimum light industrial experience requirements. Three (3) years of FedEx Equipment Operator or operations experience (Operations Manager and above) will be considered equivalent to one (1) year of the light industrial maintenance experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to elevate issues and assist in development of effective and efficient solutions.
- Either mechanical or electrical knowledge to include the following:
- Basic electrical knowledge through residential, commercial or industrial environment or technical school
- Basic mechanical knowledge including power transmission, and/or fabrication skills
- Preferred basic motor wiring or mechanical requirements
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting abilities.
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical installation
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce.