|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
The Maintenance Technician position is an hourly position, and reports to the Maintenance Leader. The employee acts as a process expert for this multi-craft job dealing with mechanical specialist and electrical responsibilities related to the mechanical function. This includes reacting to process and equipment issues, preventive and predictive maintenance, as well as elimination of special cause variation while driving safety & quality and optimizing plant efficiency.
- Utilizes machines, equipment and measuring instruments to perform tasks including, but not limited to; precision alignment, predictive maintenance, balancing, welding, pipe fitting, equipment repair.
- Insures availability of required items &/or inventory.
- Utilizes journeyman multi-functional mechanic and basic electrical knowledge in order to preserve and optimize plant assets and to meet the needs of manufacturing.
- Provides support and leadership to other craft and non-craft employees in the performance of maintenance tasks.
- Cooperates with others, plans and performs operational maintenance to machinery and equipment associated with plant operations.
- Performs the job of trainer for production, apprentice and other craft personnel as related to craft work.
- Includes participation in the execution of training plans, providing input for training records and input into the determination of certification status for each employee.
- Acts as management, supplier and customer liaison.
- Assists with the developmental and/or experimental projects.
- Utilizes computer expertise to complete records and reports and manage data (includes SAP, work orders, inventory, failure & trend analysis sheets, checklists, requisitions, audit sheets, etc.).
- Uses fork lift and other related material handling machinery.
The employee must meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must possess PC operational skills
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The Employee Must Be Able To
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Be proficient in SAP system
The Employee Should Have The Following
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Some vocational/technical schooling
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- High School Diploma/GED
- A minimum of 4 years experience in manufacturing/industrial environment is required
- Must be at lease 18 years old and legally able to work in the United States
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts
- Must be able to pass an in depth mechanical aptitude test to be considered
This Position Requires
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts
- Wearing respirator protection - frequently
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Standing- continuously
- Ascending/descending stairs - frequently
- Hand/Eye Coordination- continuously
- Walking - continuously
- Twisting- continuously
- Ascending/descending ladders- continuously
- Kneeling- frequently