|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Denton Floyd Real Estate Group is growing! We are looking for an energetic Maintenance Technician to join our Louisville team. We have a culture of teamwork, cooperation with other team members, and a family atmosphere that sets us apart.
Denton Floyd is well-capitalized and has a proven record of year over year growth. We are involved in the ownership and management of apartment communities. We also run a successful construction and commercial development division.
Our Maintenance Technicians perform the day-to-day upkeep and repairs of our properties to include unit turns, service repairs, and preventative maintenance. They are an integral part of the team dedicated to ensuring the communities meet the quality maintenance standards set by Denton Floyd. The ideal candidate will be a team-player with a background in construction, painting and/or skilled labor with knowledge of the apartment industry or the desire to learn the apartment industry.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, disability, matching 401K, and generous PTO.
- Maintain the day-to-day upkeep and repairs of the property under the direction of the Property Manager.
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC, plumbing, appliances, swimming pools, painting, electrical, irrigation systems, and carpentry a plus.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC units and water heaters.
- Repair and replace light fixtures, switches, receptacles, smoke detectors, photocells, and thermostats.
- Unclog plumbing drains of all types.
- Repair or replace plumbing fixtures.
- Perform occupied work requests and apartment turns.
- Must be available for on-call after hours emergencies.
- Complete Make Ready Check Lists.
- Notify the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that has taken place on the property.
- Use electronic timekeeping to complete daily time sheet and to request paid time off with advance notice to Property Manager.
Denton Floyd Superlatives:
- Family atmosphere.
- Competitive pay with monthly and quarterly bonuses.
- Competitive employee benefits
Qualities Desired In Successful Candidate:
- Minimum of 2 years residential property management, or equivalent maintenance experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year plumbing experience required.
- HVAC or EPA Certificate preferred but not required; CPO is a plus.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of drywall, key cutting, and fire extinguishers.
- An exceptional eye for curb appeal.
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, team members and Property Manager at all times.
- Possess dynamic attitude, superior customer service, verbal communication, and follow up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills, especially in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks, document progress and complete them under time constraints.
- Stable and consistent work history with excellent references.
- Ability to work 40 hours and must be available for on-call after hours emergencies.
- Valid driver's license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation are required.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, short correspondence and memos.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and criminal background check.
Please send us your resume for consideration. Serious inquiries only. Compensation will be based on the requisite skills presented at the time of hiring.
Denton Floyd provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, and complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Related keywords: maintenance technician, maintenance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Required)