|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
The Industrial Maintenance Technician's primary purpose is maintaining plant equipment at optimum efficiency. Successful candidates will be required to use their troubleshooting skills and experience to resolve mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic (etc.), problems that may occur. The successful candidate would also be responsible for development and training of Maintenance Apprentices and work with operations to improve machine efficiencies.
- Resolve all equipment and electrical issues.
- Complete project work in mechanical, electrical, and programming areas.
- Perform all Planned and Scheduled Maintenance activities.
- Continuous improvement of Preventative and Predictive activities.
- Continuous improvement of all operations equipment and processes.
- Use and interpret schematics and blueprints related to mechanical / electrical equipment.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date maintenance database records (SAP).
- Use and promote LTT (Lock, Tag, Try).
- Ongoing personal development including staying up to date on current maintenance techniques.
- Learn general working knowledge of equipment operation.
- Owns and promotes a safety program.
- Participates on a committee.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Maintenance Leader and w ork safely.
Education and or Experience:
The Employee Should Have The Following
- LME, State Of Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrical License-or higher, or the ability to obtain an LME license within three months of employment, is required.
- Electrical knowledge and skill in troubleshooting motors and controls, drives, instrumentation, and PLC's.
- Five years of documented experience in industrial equipment maintenance, or vocational training plus three years of work experience in a manufacturing plant.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must have required basic hand tools.
The employee should have the following abilities:
- Basic knowledge of mathematics, algebra, and physics.
- Strong Preventive/Predictive knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work from layout plans, blue prints, drawings, or other specifications to determine work procedures.
- Ability and knowledge in welding, including arc, acetylene, and hydrogen.
- Ability to properly move machinery using hoist, cranes, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Ability and knowledge to properly use tools and equipment such as drill presses, lathe, milling machine, chain falls, jacks, slings , burning torches, and other types of portable and hand tools.
- Project management experience.
- Ability and willingness to work in widely varied environments.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with production.
- Advanced critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to demonstrate good organization skills.
- Proficient in precision assembly and alignment techniques.
- Strong customer focus and willing to go the extra mile.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (word, excel, outlook, power point, SAP).