|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and sustain a Kaizen program that supports the Hayward Global Production System (HGPS). This includes the development of quality, cost, delivery and safety boards (QCDS), and other management/supervisor aids (i.e., 5S audit, training, productivity, scrap, hour/hour, etc.)
- Will take an active role in new product introductions by working cross-functionally with all departments to create a smooth transition from Engineering to Production
- Plans and performs Kaizen event group training, further individual training and helps develop the floor supervisory staff using Lean manufacturing principles with staff to develop team goals and members, develop event information packages, provide team event presentations to management, and recognition awards as appropriate.
- Support daily continuous improvement of all production employees and processes with a goal of employee development and elimination of waste.
- Drives safety improvements through continuous improvement processes and events.
- Partners with HR and plant management team to lead employee safety incentive program and other company safety programs.
- Responsible for all kaizen event 30-day follow-up's and sustainment activities to ensure accountability.
- Drive results by supporting other KPO facility managers with event training, program sustainment and metrics standardization. This requires traveling to other Hayward facilities to instruct the Kaizen training and/or event participation.
- Lead all Gemba walks utilizing data driven metrics to drive improvements, determine root cause analysis, and effectively communicate corrective action.
Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) preferably in industrial or mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and individuals to support company goals and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with the ability to develop and analyze spreadsheets.
- Strong business acumen with experience in developing course materials and corrective action reporting.
- Lean manufacturing Certificate and/or Green Belt Certification (Black Belt preferred)