|Location||North Vancouver, Canada|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Trades & Services
Our client is a critical link in the supply chain that transports Canadian commodities to markets all over the world. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects they execute. They are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so that their employees and stakeholders can benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
TRS Staffing Solutions has exciting opportunities for a Maintenance Planner. This is a perfect opportunity for individuals who are seeking to grow their skills in a leading company in this sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all planning elements and functions of Work Management planning process are satisfied
• Develop detailed maintenance plans for PM jobs and any other major maintenance activities being done to the asset
• Coordinate daily as well as weekly planning meetings related with maintenance planning and backlog review
• Create Work Orders from Work Requests using task lists
• Develop cost and time estimate for planned maintenance work
• Review Work Orders daily and update master data files including PRTs, task lists, BOMs, etc.
• Identify long lead time components for Work Orders, raise requisitions for non-inventoried materials and external services required to execute work
• Coordinate with the Turnaround planner to maintain a 12-week rolling maintenance plan
• Review planning accuracy report to update task lists master data. Perform a gap analysis on master data metrics
• Participate in preparing maintenance related reports, analyze data and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance related problems
• Update completed Work Orders to ensure accuracy of equipment maintenance history in JD Edwards CMMS
• Scan completed Work Orders in JDE CMMS
• Coordinate with warehouse to rebuild RMO spares through external suppliers
• Continually improving planning, scheduling. data management and job reporting systems to increase planning effectiveness and efficiency
• Perform any other related job that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Required Competencies:
• Minimum of diploma or degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of working experience in Mining and Maintenance Planning
• Certificate in maintenance planning and scheduling
• Good communication and written skills
• Strong computer and report writing skills
• Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods, and procedures to work situation
• Knowledge of Pronto Software
• Ability to work independently and effective team player
• High regard for safe work practices and procedures
• Willing to work extended hours to achieve tight deadlines
To apply for this position, please send your Word formatted resume to
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.