|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Trades & Services
Come join the exciting world of aviation!! Established in 2006, our company provides multi-functional aviation services offering passenger, cargo and ground support with a focus on safety and quality. For us, success lies in delivering peace of mind to our customers, and we are passionate about ensuring their needs are met - on time, every time.
Do you have an interest in the Aviation industry? We are searching for individuals who are team players and eager!
The Mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of vehicles and also equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, de-icing trucks, push-back tugs, air start units, ground power units and other ground services equipment. The Mechanic must be able to analyze, troubleshoot, dismantle, align, assemble and adjust mechanical equipment and machinery to maintain it in efficient operating condition. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
• Provide vehicle troubleshooting and diagnostic repairs
• Actively participates in the Safety Management System (SMS)
• Installation of new and added-on equipment
• Conduct first, second and third line repairs, modifications on vehicles
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs to GSE in order to ensure that the equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate
• Monitor parts usage and report on any materials issues
• Assist in ordering replacement equipment, parts and supplies
• Accurate completion of work orders and time cards
• Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
• Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
• Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations
• Assist in preparing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules
• Completion of college/vocational or technical training
• Red Seal Certification Preferred (3IOS or 3IOT)
• Minimum 2 years experience in the Trade
• Possess a valid drivers license
• Experience with routine maintenance operations
• Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
• Obtain a clear criminal record
• Ability to obtain necessary airport and/or Transport Canada security clearances
• Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs (23kg) on a regular basis
• Ability to work in stressful situations and tight time constraints
• Advanced Fuel Injection & Diesel Engine Tune-Up certificates/licenses
• Knowledge or experience with furnaces/pumps/hydraulics/electronics
• Air Conditioning and Refrigeration certificates/licenses
• Propane Fuel Systems certificates/licenses
• Automotive Inspection certificate/licenses
• Previous experience maintaining mobile ground power (generators), air conditioners (up to 110 ton), air start units (compressors up to 250 cfm), but will also consider experience in Farm or Heavy Industrial equipment
• Knowledge of drive-trains, diesel and gasoline engines, propane fuel systems, complex electrical and hydraulic systems, and metal fabrication and welding.
• Read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
Thank you for your application with Strategic Aviation Ltd. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, or age.