|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
$3,000 Sign On Bonus
Multiple Shifts Available
SWM provides solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a "human-sized" enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees. Come apply online or come meet us in person at 53 Silvio O Conte Drive Greenfield, MA 01301!
This role installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by performing the following duties. Also plans and designs electrical installation of systems and provides direction or instruction to fellow team members accordingly on projects. Generates purchase order requisitions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
* Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
* Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
* Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as Maintenance Machine Repairer and Maintenance Tool Maker, to diagnose malfunction.
* Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
* Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
* Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
* Pushes buttons and presses keys on robot controller, teach pendant, and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
* Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
* Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
* Employee must be willing to be placed in an on-call rotation to support plant operations.
* Employee must be willing to take phone calls to help resolve electrical issues.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software, Outlook, Microsoft Office.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.