|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Lean Manufacturing Engineer
The role of TBS Engineer will be responsible for the support of Kaizen Events in the development, planning and execution of Lean strategies, culture and metrics providing support to various levels throughout the entire organization for the purpose of linking project metrics to strategic objectives. This position will require an experienced Lean leader with a strong industrial manufacturing background. An individual who is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging strong interpersonal skills is a key requirement of this role. The key to success in this position is the ability to identify and drive operational improvements at local levels utilizing a very "hands on" approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the site business transformation
- Facilitate Lean manufacturing events/projects to ensure the facility s objectives are met in the areas of safety, quality, profitability, waste reduction driving through corporate strategic initiatives
- This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the kaizen teams on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools.
- This position will have responsibility for mentoring and developing Kaizen Event teams
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the plant, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the plant-wide changes to all employees to facilitate learning, understanding, acceptance and active participation in the business s Lean transformation.
- This position reports directly to the TBS Site Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Require the ability to identify and analyze complex operational data from multiple disparate sources in order to synthesize actionable evidence of root cause or improvement opportunities.
- Expert proficiency in the use and implementation of some of the Lean tools such as: Value Stream Mapping, Total Quality Management, Kaizen, TAKT, Kanbans/Pull Systems, Single Piece Flow, Seven Wastes, 5S, Poka-Yoke, PDCA, 2P, 3P, Hoshin Kanri, Root Cause Analysis, Workshop Management and KPI's.
- Travel 10%+
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years applicable experience in Lean/CI system (TPS, DBS, etc) with proven systematic results
- BS Engineering Degree
- Able to work in ITAR businesses
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, MS Access and MS Project is a plus
- 10+ Kaizen events
- Medical and/or Aerospace experience is a plus