|Date Posted||May 6, 2021|
Foundation Communities (FC) is a local, homegrown nonprofit. Founded in 1990, we provide affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families, veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 24 communities all over Austin and in North Texas.
The Lead maintenance oversees the maintenance department and takes a hands-on approach to the completion of all projects. Primarily responsible for maintaining organizational & industry standards for safety and physical integrity of the building, a focusing on the appearance of the community and working within established budget at all times.
- Maintain and monitor parts, supplies and equipment inventory. Order parts/supplies when necessary while remaining in budget
- Provide support and guidance to all other maintenance staff.
- Request vendor bids, monitor work through the process and inspect when completed.
- Use InspectCheck for quarterly property inspections.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Property Manager and communicate regularly.
- Attend weekly Blended Management meetings with property management and services staff to collaborate on ways to support residents and the community
- Keep an updated and current preventative maintenance log; also maintain asset log in Onesite.
- Look for areas to reduce operating costs.
- Check emails to stay abreast of incident reports, property and organization communications
- Provide excellent customer service to all residents
- Establish daily work schedules for maintenance team by reviewing service requests with Property Manager.
- Inspect and help coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assists make-ready
- Completes tasks related to basic plumbing, i.e., leaky faucets, plunging toilets, and repair running toilets, repair tank contents, pulling and replacing toilets, caulking
- Completes electrical tasks such as: installing switches, plugs, cord splicing, ballasts and bulbs, circuit breaker testing, and servicing exhaust fans
- Completes appliance repairs and services such as: replacing burners, rings, knobs, refrigerator shelves, lights, etc.
- Physically walk and inspect community on a daily basis to propose upgrades and address any corrective issues
- Share on-call responsibility with Assistant Maintenance
- May be required to work at other Foundation Communities properties in the Austin area as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- HVAC Certification
- 4 - 6 years of practical experience with demonstration of required skill.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the following functions are required:
CONSTANTLY: standing/walking, bending/stooping/squatting, pushing/pulling, grasping/gripping, reaching above the shoulder, climbing, lifting between 0 and 25 pounds.
FREQUENTLY: coordination of hand/eye/foot, finger dexterity, lifting between 26 and 50 pounds.
OCCASIONALLY: lifting over 100 pounds.
An occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials can be expected. May be asked to clean up bodily fluids with appropriate training and personal protective equipment provided.
FC's supportive housing communities serve people with lived experience of homelessness, those who have mental health issues, chronic illness and/or substance use issues. The Lead Maintenance Tech will provide strong customer service by being consistent, fair, transparent and respectful in all interactions with residents
- Foundation Communities provides an excellent benefits package including employer paid health benefits, 401(k) investment opportunity, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation, holiday, and sick time.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.
Powered by JazzHR