|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Come join the exciting world of aviation!! Established in 2006, our company provides multi-functional aviation services offering passenger, cargo and ground support with a focus on safety and quality. For us, success lies in delivering peace of mind to our customers, and we are passionate about ensuring their needs are met - on time, every time.
Do you have an interest in the Aviation industry? We are searching for individuals who are team players and eager!
• Lead GSAs assist in communicating policies and procedures within their operation. They assist with directing and coordinating activities to provide a safe environment for employees while maintaining fast and efficient services. This position requires working in a fast paced environment with time constraints to meet arrival and departure goals. A professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by the employee. "Lead by Example" concept is strongly promoted.
• Leads must report to work on a regular and timely basis; report directly to the supervisor or manager on shift.
• Relay instructions from Operations to all ground service agents.
• Actively participates in the Safety Management System (SMS)
• Performs all functions of ramp agent, as needed.
• Ensure employees are in compliance with uniform, appearance, and personnel protective equipment policies (safety toe shoes, uniform cleanliness, and jewelry).
• Works in conjunction with ramp team and remains within the footprint of each assigned flight to oversee the safe and timely operation.
• Ensure the health and safety of all workers
• Be knowledgeable about the Act, the regulation and the Guidelines
• Know the work process, the hazards involved and effective control measures for the hazards
• Ensure workers are made aware of all hazards
• Ensure workers are made aware of all hazards known or reasonably foreseeable
• Ensure workers comply with the Act, the Regulations, etc.
• Provide/verify workers training before undertaking new tasks
• Verify that workers performance meets expectations for safety
• Actively seek out emerging hazards
• Record one daily entry in a Supervisor s journal or log
• Correct improper work activities and conditions
• Positively reinforce safe/proper work performance
• Coordination and oversight of aircraft turnaround activities
• Ensure that processes are delivered within SLA standards and compliance limits while adhering to safety requirements
• Responsible for the safety and security of all employees
• Ensure documentation is clear, appropriate, and frequent enough to show a systematic approach
• Coach, mentor, and train new staff upon completion of ground theory training though On the Job Training.
• Delegate daily flight responsibilities among ramp team members and delegate tasks to all team members.
• Conduct briefings on pre- arrival/departure for each flight; ensure ramp set up and preparation is performed and obstacle clearance zones are clear; perform walk around inspection for each flight after arrival and before departure.
• Follow and enforce all airline standard operating procedures. All information is found in the service manuals for all customers specific to the base.
• Ensure proper first aid procedures are administered to injured staff and correct reporting procedures are carried out
• Intelex (Safety Management System - SMS) must be generated and sent out within 3 hours of occurrence.
• Complete DFR s, including fuel burn reports and deicing logs.
• Complete flight paperwork including (but not limited to) lavatory log, de-ice log, and daily shift paperwork such as shift report, GSE checklist, and cabin service cleaning report,
• Report load plan in accordance to SOP bin load discrepancies or any deviation from the planned load to operations.
• Ensure proper handling and loading of bags, live animals, and special cargo; ensure freight, mail, cargo, and baggage is received and delivered in a timely manner; obtain last bag clearance from bag room for each assigned flight.
• Coordinate the release of cargo shipments and any special requests from the flight crew, gate agents, or any other customer service entity; follow all airline SOP in accordance with training.
• Delegate job duties as required with follow-up to ensure completion.
• Ensure the ops manager is notified of any changes to the situation.
• Adhere to all policies and follow established procedures.
• Participate in required meetings providing input and recommendations.
• Perform other ground service duties as assigned.
• Participate in regular base meetings with operations team.
• Maintain Quality Assurance oversight for operational issues relating to output and safety, providing suitable corrective and/or preventative actions where necessary
• Ensure staff have access to the Quality Management System information in enabling them to comply with company policies, processes and procedures
• Ensure employees are adequately trained in Quality Assurance to understand, implement, and maintain all quality objectives as outlined within our Quality Management System.
• Cooperate fully with Inspectors to achieve quality inspection commitment
• Worked as a GSA for at least three (3) months
• Be at legally entitled to work in Canada
• Possess a valid driver s license
• Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
• Obtain a clear criminal record
• Ability to obtain necessary airport and/or Transport Canada security clearances
• Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs (23kg) on a regular basis
• Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and varying schedules
• Must successfully complete airline specific training programs and recertification
• Perform required airline and Company audits upon request
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
• Above average organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
• Confident, consistent, decisive personality
• Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
$22.00 to start, $24.00 after 3 months
Paid day off on your birthday!
Thank you for your application with Strategic Aviation Ltd. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, or age.