|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
Houck is looking for Industrial Electrical Crew Leader to join our Industrial Services Division - Houck Industrial, LLC.
The role of the Industrial Electrical Crew Leader requires at least 3 years of supervisory experience. A trade school degree, apprenticeship, or Journeyman/Journeywoman Electrical License is preferred.
We offer competitive wages, earned paid vacation, 401K, Health/Dental/Vision insurance, and EAP benefits.
A valid driver's license is required. Pre-employment drug testing and physical are also required.
Apply at Houck.peoplematter.jobs
EOE Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organizes and coordinates all of the project materials and equipment.
- Reads and interprets specifications, contract documents, plans, prepare sketches of proposed work, and produces layout drawings and code calculations for projects.
- Analyzes and quickly resolves any work problems that may arise and ensures that all given project deficiencies are corrected promptly.
- Leads by example - sets, monitors, and enforces the standards of safety and exemplary quality of work put forth by Houck.
- Coordinates with all other crafts working on a job site to ensure smooth transitions.
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices, and equipment.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical code specifications, and schematics to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment.
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance through inspection of electrical systems, equipment, and components.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance records.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Direct and train other workers and apprentices to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Work on other electrical projects as required.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant organizational, provincial, and federal safety regulations, codes, and specifications.
- Supervisory experience.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Perform work in compliance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements.
- Capable of conduit bending by hand with a hand-bender.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Identification of wire colors.
- Capable of operating all power tools, saws, threaders, wire tuggers, hydraulic benders, and knockout punches.
- Ability to understand and implement NFPA 70E Electrical Safety in the Workplace.