|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
The PLatform Automation And Technologies (PLAAT) team is part of Enterprise Platform Engineering and supports almost the entire infrastructure at Wells Fargo through automation and middleware offerings. The PLAAT Team provides automated solutions that are all-encompassing, including compliance delivery and telemetry for tracking and enforcing compliance and adherence to regulatory initiatives throughout the enterprise.
We are seeking an engineer for a Senior Software Engineer position. This role is focused primarily on performing specific automation and project tasks and delivering and tracking the associated technical or functional work products. Individuals in this role have significant experience that they bring to their assignments that allow them to address the more difficult or complex tasks within a project. Size and nature of the projects will impact the nature of their role. In addition to project activities, Senior Software Engineers will participate in the project estimation, planning, and reporting processes.
In this role, you will:
* Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
* Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
* Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs providing middleware automation
* Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
* Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
* Resolve complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
* Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
* Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
* 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
* 2+ years of Windows or Linux scripting experience
* 3+ years of automation experience
* 1+ year of Ansible experience
* Knowledge and understanding of web application and infrastructure automation development
* Experience with Packages such as RPM, EXE, DMG, MSI, or others
* Legacy knowledge and comfortability with older operating systems and/or technologies
* 3+ years experience acting as the technical lead on engineering teams
* Ability to work additional hours as needed
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.