|Location||Council Bluffs, Iowa|
|Date Posted||September 21, 2022|
|Category|| Trades & Services |
|Job Type|| Permanent |
TITLE : Kids & Company Site Director
REPORTING TO : Program Director EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt COMPENSATION: $17.50/hour
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Free Kids & Company before and after school care
About The Council Bluffs Schools Foundation
The Council Bluffs Schools Foundation is a nonprofit 501c3 organization, governed by a board of directors, which provides financial resources and support to benefit the children, families, and staff of the Council Bluffs Community School District.
In pursuit of our mission, the foundation operates three signature programs:
- Kids & Company is a before and after school childcare program operating out of 10 elementary building in the Council Bluffs School District that provides supervision and engaging activities to more than 800 children.
- STARS Scholarship provides support for adult, low-income parents in Pottawattamie County as they pursue a postsecondary degree or career training certification.
- Alumni & Friends aims to create a network of individuals who wish to support the school district, connect with old friends, and stay informed.
In addition to these programs, we administer high school scholarship funds, and provide opportunities for our community of donors to support education in Council Bluffs.
About Kids & Company
Kids & Company provides safe, caring, affordable childcare for school-aged children in the Council Bluffs Community School District. Operating out of 10 elementary school buildings in the district, Kids & Company offers before school and after school childcare, as well as full day childcare on out of school days. Kids & Company is licensed by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS), and participates in the Quality Rating System, a voluntary rating system designed by Iowa DHS designed to increase the quality of childcare in Iowa.
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Has completed at least one course in business administration or 12 contact hours in administrative related training related to personnel, supervision, record keeping, or budgeting or has 1 year of administrative related experience
- Has achieved a total of 100 points obtained through a combination of education, experience, and child development related training as outlined with an attached chart. The organization may supply the training needed to achieve 100 points.
The Site Director is responsible for leading and managing a team of staff in operating a DHS licensed childcare program by performing routine duties in the delivery of high quality school age childcare as defined by the Department of Human Services and organizational policy and procedure. Site Directors provide supervision, and ensure the safety and well-being of children in a before and after school childcare setting, as well as full day childcare during out of school days. Site Directors also assist children with self-care, develop and participate in lesson plans, activities, and play, while also managing day-to-day administrative duties and developing relationships with families and school staff.
LOCATION : Council Bluffs Community School District Elementary Schools, assigned by the Programs Director at the time of hire.
HOURS : 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, and/or 3:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday (Mondays 1:30 p.m. to 6:00 PM) on school days. During school vacation days, full hybrid days and the summer, 3-6 hour shifts from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Supervise children during program time. Monitor children to ensure safety and well-being at all times.
- Lead, manage and coach a team of staff to execute the day to day activities of the site within the Kids & Company operating principles of High Expectations, Routines, Organization, and Low Energy.
- Develop and implement engaging daily lesson plans and activities designed to engage children, promote healthy relationships, and nurture learning through play.
- Assist with planning and preparing snacks and meals for children,
- Ensure the childcare site adheres to all Department of Human Services licensing requirements.
- Conduct regular safety drills at site, including tornado, fire, lockdown, lockout, and shelter in place.
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, toys, and other items used by children and staff.
- Prepare forms, maintains records, and communicate with parents.
- Ensure that Kids & Company policies and procedures are maintained to the highest standard.
- Complete ongoing training needed to perform job duties and maintain certifications as needed.
- Assist children with self-care when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires active participation with children including playground activities, meal and snack preparation. The position may include some light lifting, squatting, and large and fine motor movements