|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Oversees the daily operation of the plumbing/piping and mechanical systems and machinery. This will include water and steam processes. Fabricate parts and install new equipment. Replace pump seals, belts, motors, pulleys, fans and rotating equipment. Strong mechanical ability and plumbing/pipefitting skills required. Must be willing to work out of trade when necessary to perform other work tasks, assist other crafts and work as a multi-craft mechanic.
This position requires a high level of technical expertise with a variety of building infrastructure. Off-hours shifts, evening, night and weekend work may be required. The position may be called upon to perform other general maintenance and support duties on an as-needed basis.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, fans, and rotating equipment.
- Maintain all machine shop tools and equipment as required.
- Minimal fabrication using a lathe, milling machine, drill press and associated machine shop equipment.
- Support carpentry tasks such as installing doors, hardware, furniture, fabricating partition walls, crating and other related work.
- Perform rigging/moving of equipment.
- Operate efficiently, all equipment used by this trade and maintain in good condition. Inspect and service equipment according to schedule, lubricate maintain and adjust as required.
- Assist in performing other duties, including work of other trades as required.
- Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner including but not limited to paperwork/computer work associated with the execution of work orders.
- Support site's Emergency Response Team which will include, but not limited to, fire, medical/first aid and hazardous spill response.
- Train on and adhere to all related (GMP, GLP, safety and other compliance procedures).
- Education - Minimum of a high school diploma. Preferred to have trade license, apprenticeship/or equivalent trade experience vocational certification.
- Experience - 5+ years of experience.
- Conflict resolution skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work in a customer service environment interacting with the client. Able to stay on task and work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Personal characteristics - Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports. Leads by example. Manages competing priorities well. Ability to analyze and make decisions based on broad range of data.
- Interface ability to effectively deal with customer/consumer complaints.
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, CMMS (Maximo), etc.
- Must be able to adequately perform required job functions. This includes being able to lift, bend, and move in such a way as to perform job tasks in a safe and approved manner. Must be able to lift 50lb Overhead work / working at heights require. Must be able to operate required hand/power tools, test instrumentation and equipment required by this trade in a safe and approved manner.
- Must have adequate skills to perform required job functions with minimal supervision.
Environmental conditions will vary based on the job being performed. Work may take place in either the maintenance shop and/or in the plant depending upon the job requirements.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro