|Date Posted||March 11, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
We're currently seeking a full-time, reliable, highly detailed-oriented, confident and career-driven individual to fill our International Fuel Trader position. This is a great position in a casual but hard-working office environment. We maintain a small, team-oriented, dynamic and fast-paced office with shifting priorities. The team is dedicated to industry-leading customer service and the rewarding mission of our organization.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• The principal role of a Bunker Trader is to facilitate transactions between the fuel/bunker supplier and the client.
• Responsible for the purchase and sale of marine fuel/bunkers to shipowners, operators, charterers and traders.
• Maintain strong relationships with suppliers to service client requirements worldwide.
• Build long lasting relationships with clients, suppliers, business associates and other stakeholders.
• New business development and client prospecting.
• You will be required to negotiate purchase and sales prices with our worldwide supplier and customer network.
• Efficiently deal with incoming inquiries and ensure timely quotations and delivery/movement of petroleum products.
• Manage customer accounts with direct responsibility for negotiating and executing sales transactions from start-to-finish: quoting, negotiating, confirming, delivery, and post-delivery service and support.
• Work with our Operations Team and Credit Team to ensure all aspects of a trade is profitable, efficient and compliant.
• Make sales calls, cold calls, setup meetings and prospect potential new clients. Developing new business is a key part of this job.
Requirements/Professional Skills to include:
• BS/BA degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Marketing or related field.
• Minimum of 2+ years of sales or trading experience in a similar office environment. Proven track record in sales.
• Background in the maritime/shipping, brokering/trading, oil/bunker or other relevant experience is strongly encouraged.
• IT proficient. Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc).
• Experience working with CRM systems is a plus (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, Netsuite, etc.).
• Resourceful, goal oriented, performance and results driven with an ability to multi-task and a strong attention-to-detail.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills. Relationship building.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Comfortable with currency conversions, volume conversions and profit margins.
• Must be comfortable receiving 150+ e-mails per day.
• Strong business development mentality. Ability to develop business from scratch. Prospect for new customers.
• Willing to work longer, flexible hours, and deal with different time zones/overseas/international customer base.
• Candidates that are fluent in Spanish and other languages will have an advantage.
• PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE REPLYING TO EMAILS ON NIGHTS & WEEKENDS.
Full-time benefit eligible position including 401K, medical and dental benefits.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Full background/credit check will be performed on final candidates prior to hiring.