|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
This is a hybrid position working part time from home and the regional office. Candidate must be within commuting distance to our Irving, TX office.
- Bachelor of Interior Design required
- NCIDQ or working towards becoming a licensed professional preferred
- 3-5 Years of experience, multifamily design experience is preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of the design process and of architectural, MEP, and interior design construction documents
- Experience in conceptual design and space planning
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding and knowledge of building, life safety, and ADA code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Photoshop
- Bluebeam Revu
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Valid driver's license and dependable transportation
The Interior Design position will be responsible for basic interior design assignments and will be working with the Design Managers to assist the overall effort of completing various project phases including but not limited to overall project concept development, innovation, unit finish selections, design and construction document review, construction administration, signage coordination, and communication with various teams throughout the company.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Research and collect information on the project's demographics and area comps to create a project programming document that can be referenced throughout the design process.
- Create design inspiration boards for the overall project design directive including amenities, units, and signage.
- Assist in selecting and ordering unit finishes that meet the overall budgetary and design directive goal for the project.
- Assist in rendering unit finishes and potentially exterior finishes in SketchUp.
- Prepare and document the unit specifications including trim, finishes, appliances, lighting, and plumbing in excel format.
- Prepare the unit finish specification designation document that displays where each unit finish scheme is located throughout the project.
- Assist the Fairfield Marketing department by coordinating finishes and assisting with overall design intent questions for their third-party rendering company.
- Maintain the design library, by updating with new materials (receiving and opening boxes of samples) and returning unused products.
- Crosscheck Interior design and MEP plans for conflicts between consultants in relation to the interior design scope.
- Assist in reviewing submittals and RFIs in Procore.
- Aid in sourcing new products and working directly with manufacturers on specs and pricing.
- Assist in setting up vendor presentations and meetings.
- Assist in reviewing signage packages, signage designs, and signage coordination.
- 20-30% Travel to various jobsites in the United States to aid in installation and/or project reviews.
- Completes company required training by established deadline.
- Complies with all Fairfield standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
At Fairfield, we are proud to be a leader in the multifamily housing industry. We are passionate about creating exceptional and luxurious apartment living. Among the most experienced multifamily companies, Fairfield has developed and acquired over 975 communities since 1985. We are an award-winning company that proudly employs over 1,300 associates who are dedicated to serving our customers at our apartment communities located in over 30 markets nationwide.
We have a great opportunity for you to work side by side with our passionate, bright and highly experienced professionals in the Multifamily Housing industry.
Why consider us?
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
- Careers are made at Fairfield- We are committed to developing our staff through our robust in-person, online and social training. Promotions from within are encouraged.
- Environmentally Aware- Fairfield leads the industry through our Living Green Program and our LEED Certified communities.
- Award Winning- Fairfield is recognized for our customer service, training and professionalism.
- Cutting Edge Technology- Fairfield utilizes innovative property leasing and accounting software that maximizes productivity.