|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Physical Sciences Laboratories (PSL) has more than 100 specialized laboratories used to test, analyze, and troubleshoot virtually every aspect of rocket and satellite system design, development, construction, deployment, and operation. The diverse expertise of the laboratories' technical staff allows PSL to stay abreast of new technological developments and program support issues associated with rapidly evolving space systems.
The Microelectronics Technology Department (MTD) is seeking a member of technical staff to support investigations of security, reliability, and physics of failure in advanced node CMOS, HEMTs, III-V devices, and other advanced materials and technology for space applications. The work will also require developing knowledge of security and assurance aspects of ASICS and FPGAs and will span digital, analog, and mixed signal ICs. This will include analysis and evaluation of existing IC hardware functionality for protection of critical information and/or intellectual property. This is a full-time position based in El Segundo, CA.
What You'll Be Doing
- Conduct innovative basic and applied research in device and integrated circuit fault isolation and hardware security verification and validation
- Develop capabilities in circuit & device modeling and materials physics simulation
- Develop capabilities in functional security characterization
- Participate in hardware verification studies and reviews
- Present results internally and at scientific meetings and publish research in refereed journals
- Provide technical support to national security space programs in these areas
What You Need to be Successful
- Master's degree in electrical engineering, physics, computer engineering, or material science
- Ideally (2) years of engineering or applicable professional or educational experience is required
- In depth knowledge of Integrated circuit (IC) devices and semiconductor physics
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- PhD in electrical engineering, physics, computer engineering, or material science
- (5) years of engineering or applicable professional or educational experience is preferred
- Knowledge of circuit edit techniques
- Knowledge of cryptographic security and side-channel analysis
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone ator by email at . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement . - provided by Dice