|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
Instructor - Electrical Technician
(This is not a remote position, candidate must commute or reside within the city to be considered)
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
- Responsible for delivery of all course materials and instruction for academic programs offered by the institution, to prepare the student for the workplace;
- Is knowledgeable of and adheres to all institutional educational policies and procedures;
- Maintain student records and participate in curriculum development and revision;
- SCI instructors have the primary responsibility of aiding our students in the achievement of their goal (i.e. to be trained and placed), and delivering a Student First experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as an Electrician;
- Texas Journeyman Electrician License (issued by Texas Department Licensing and Regulation);
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with installation and repair on all types of commercial and residential electrical systems.
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 60 years, and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Our company believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any employees, applicants, or job seekers on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or any other protected group status as defined by law. As part of our compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your ethnicity and gender in the following section. The completion of this section is entirely voluntary. Your response to this section, or refusal to respond to this section, will not affect your opportunity for employment, or the terms or conditions of your employment with the company in any way. Please complete the information below, which includes the option to choose not to self-identify. This information will be kept confidential and separate from your application for employment and company personnel file. The information you choose to provide will be used solely for the purposes of EEO-1 reporting to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and will not be viewed by any hiring managers during the application process.