|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Work Location Remote as of now, post COVID in Jackson, MI
Job Title IT Business Analyst
Duration 6-9 Months Contract with high possibility of extension
This position is purely on W2
- The team has knowledge and support from requirements gathering, documentation, analysis, design through implementation and hand off to operations spanning multiple simultaneous projects.
- The team works within defined company and department standards and has a focus on internal customer service.
- The Business Analyst (BA) serves as the IT liaison to functional business process owners to translate and prioritize requirements for project and maintenance work.
- The Business Analyst is responsible for documenting high level business requirements and translating them into detailed specifications in order to support a portfolio of projects, including capturing and processing business partner requests for change.
- The Business Analyst also assists the business in determining which requirements can be automated and how they are integrated with other business and technical processes.
- The BA also works with Business Partners and Project Management Office to make sure requirements for each area are met in a timely and well defined manner.
- The Business Analyst provides consultation as required through project life cycle.
- The Business Analyst selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements.
- The BA specifies and documents requirements, ensuring testability and traceability back to source. The role also works with business partners and quality assurance in defining acceptance tests.
- The Business Analyst participates broadly during the idea and project inception phase, driving early solution activity.
- Additionally, the BA teams with the business partners, business technology partners, and solution architects to document proposals and create RFx documents, often performing complex systems process analysis, design, and simulation.
- The BA will provide input and support to planning and prioritization for business and/or IT process related activities.
- He/she will identify and analyze gaps between current processes and the desired state, design new processes, develop process performance measures and plan the transition to a new process.
- Work with end-users, business partners, senior management, and suppliers to define business requirements for defect resolution, process improvement, or solution development
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the assigned area's systems, organization, and business processes
- Perform analysis of changes to policy or laws to identify process impact and business requirements
- Lead creation of project requirement gathering phase
- Process the origination documents for projects.
- Maintain requirement traceability through the life of the project
- Facilitate process design sessions, document session outcomes
- Model solution processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
- Support the project team in translation of portfolio / project specifications into technical specifications and detailed design documents
- Experience working in an enterprise-size IT environment
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis
- Skilled in business writing and project documentation standards
- Possesses knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements
- Experience in areas of process management, project management, and performance management
- Demonstrated process improvement and implementation skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong negotiation, influencing and consulting skills
- Demonstrated customer focus - ability to evaluate decisions through the eyes of the customer; ability to build strong customer relationships and create processes with customer viewpoint.
- Deep experience as an analyst exhibiting strong problem solving skills, communicating in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluating information/data to make decisions
- Experienced Change Agent - actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate with significant autonomy and latitude to meet business objectives
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with an ability to understand the long-term (big picture)
- Masters or other advanced degree, ideally in an IT or Business area
- bachelor's degree is preferred; preferred field of study in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other IT-related area, Business or related Skills and Experience