|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
* This position is Eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.*
ATI is seeking to hire and Industrial Maintenance Technician II to support our Forge Products business unit. This position will be based in Irvine, CA. Our Industrial Maintenance Technicians are part of a highly skilled team that is critical in supporting production and ensuring equipment is operational in order to consistently meet production goals and our customers' needs.
As an Industrial Maintenance Technician you will be performing mechanical and/or electrical maintenance on forge shop equipment including saws, furnaces, cranes, lifting devices, cooling systems, induction heating equipment, and other related equipment. This position will also work on subsequent processing areas including heat treatment, CNC, quality inspection, and others.
A successful Industrial Maintenance Technician will quickly grasp ATI's processes and production culture, be mechanically minded, possess a strong safety mindset, have working knowledge of industrial electrical systems, and possess a continuous improvement mindset.
This position will work day shift (8:00am to 5:00pm) Monday through Friday with OT available.
* Perform routine preventive maintenance, equipment inspections, and maintain good documentation on work performed
* General repairs to facilities infrastructure, (i.e. plumbing, panting, lighting, equipment moves)
* Locate and order replacement components and spare parts utilizing existing purchasing process
* Work with various department supervisors and managers to schedule equipment downtime and repairs
* Troubleshooting failed equipment down to root cause and implementing short-term and long-term solutions.
* Obtain and review proposals, generate POs, and coordinate outsourced work with contractors
* Review and approve invoices
* Maintain adequate levels of critical spares
* Maintain predictive systems such as the BlueZone sensors
* Assist with development and updates of procedures
* Assist teams in more complicated Root Cause / Corrective Action analysis related to equipment or controls performance.
* Become proficient at using essential software used by Facilities to carry out Maintenance and related activities, as required of level II technicians
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor
* Some weekends and holidays may be required
* Highschool diploma with 5 years of relevant industrial maintenance experience
* OR Associates degree in a relevant industrial maintenance field with 3 years of relevant industrial maintenance experience
* Experience with large industrial system hydraulics controls or electrical controls
* Welding certification and/or general maintenance certification
* Fall arrest harness and lanyard inspection certification
* Electrical Safety certification
* Ability to work in teams or alone with minimal supervision and guidance
* Mechanical and light electrical aptitude
* Ability to read, interpret and use equipment systems prints
* Ability to clearly communicate problems and solutions
* Ability to train lower level technicians
* Ability to attain proficiency at soft tools used by department such as E-traveler, SiteLine, Link 360, EAM, and other as needed
* Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting using meters and schematics
* Hydraulics/Pneumatics troubleshooting using prints
* Light troubleshooting and repairs on CNC machines
* Robotic arms/manipulators as used in manufacturing applications
* Over or furnace general knowledge
* Understanding of building power AC/DC electricity and components.
* Safety systems (i.e. guarding, interlocks, alarms, etc.)
* It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.