|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
Trades & Services
Industrial manufacturer in Litchfield, IL, seeks an Industrial Maintenance Technician with 5 years' experience encompassing three phase 440AC / 220AC motors and controls, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems; and the ability to initiate and implement preventative and predictive maintenance programs to sustain production goals within budget. All candidates for this position must have strong verbal, written, and computer skills; the ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization; strong leadership skills; a proven track record of making improvements; and the ability to work diligently under pressure, making multi-tasking essential. Must be available for emergency maintenance issues as required.
In addition to these skills, the successful candidate will have the following:
· Hands-on mechanical and electrical/electronic trouble-shooting experience in a high-volume production facility
· Experience developing and maintaining preventative maintenance programs
· Hands-on experience repairing and installing mechanical and electrical systems associated with PLC equipment such as automated welding equipment, conveyor systems, and other production machinery
· Experience managing projects from conceptualization to production with high follow-through record
· Ability to thoroughly and effectively troubleshoot problems
· Experience with 480-volt 3-phase power,120-volt control circuits, low voltage control, PLC controls, electrical/mechanical drivers, and conveyor and hydraulic systems
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations, compliance, and implementation
· Flexibility to work during off shifts and weekends, as needed
· Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other software
· Ability to read documents, manuals and instructions in English
· Basic knowledge of machine shop equipment and processes used in a manufacturing environment
· Demonstrated advanced skills in diagnosis and isolation of equipment failures
· Ability to read mechanical/electrical blueprints and schematics to diagnose, isolate and repair complex industrial machines
· Ability to use appropriate test equipment (VOM, Inductance and Resistance measuring devices, signal tracers and logic circuit testing devices) to diagnose, isolate and repair equipment failures as required
· Ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; prioritize, organize and complete tasks independently; communicate effectively and work cooperatively with staff
· Managing PM program (MP2 software)
· Providing training to production and assigned maintenance personnel as required
· Focusing on developing, planning, and implementing process improvements
· Advising and recommend the procurement of plant and tooling to support the necessary production capacity
· Directing outside contractors in construction projects or other projects related to pipe fabrication, production, plant expansion, etc.
· Assisting in coordination of the installation of new production lines or modifications of existing lines as needed
This position reports to the Operations Manager in a plant environment. Employee must stand and/or walk for approximately 8-10 hours per shift; bend, stoop, and/or reach for approximately 3-6 hours per shift; and pull, push, and lift up to 65 lbs. Visual acuity is required, and employee must be able to differentiate color coding of wiring harnesses.
Benefits include group health, vision, life and dental insurance, paid vacation, bonus program, and 401(k).