|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Trades & Services
With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and living, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 contactless service, professional cleanings that exceed CDC recommendations, and over 200 other quality standards, we're taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
We are looking for honest, reliable, and hard-working housekeepers to keep Sonder running smoothly. In addition to general housekeeping duties, we rely on our housekeepers to be our eyes and ears in each guest unit, anticipating and reporting potential guest issues, and ensuring that each guest's experience is of the highest quality!
At Sonder You Will
- Perform housekeeping duties which includes but is not limited to: cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, living spaces, change linen and terry, window washing, surface polishing, balconies, trash/recycle removal, carpet vacuuming, floor mopping, dusting
- Restock apartments with soaps, shampoos, various kitchen/apartment items and branded Sonder collateral
- Ensure all furniture, appliances and amenities are clean and in working order
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout
- Ensure lobbies, office spaces, guest hallways, elevators, fitness centers, public restrooms, parking garages, stairwells and the back of the house areas are cleaned to Sonder standards
- Perform deep cleaning tasks as assigned
- Restock Housekeeping carts/closets with linens, terry and consumables in preparation for next day
- Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms
- Gather necessary cleaning supplies and linen from a distributed or central location
- Travel to locations distributed throughout the city
- Report any maintenance issues, safety hazards, security issues or damage of Sonder property
- Use a mobile application or technology, smartphone/device required
- Return supplies and equipment to a distributed or central location
- Conduct special cleaning projects as assigned
What We Look For
- A professional with a positive attitude, who has the ability to work effectively both in a team environment as well as independently
- Previous housekeeping experience
- A professional who can embrace the use of mobile applications and technology
- Knowledge of a wide variety of sanitation products, cleaning techniques and methods
- Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, and bend
- Ability to lift, push, and pull required load (usually about 40 lbs)
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone and a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Stock option plan. Be an owner of a rapidly growing start up.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Accrued paid vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.