|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Trades & Services
Performs housekeeping and related activities with a focus on the patient exam and inpatient rooms, surgery, utilities, and the general environment. Responsible for continuously demonstrating proficiency in basic cleaning skills used in patient, staff, office, clinic, or visitor areas. Routinely demonstrates both knowledge and skill in the safe use of chemicals, equipment, cleaning techniques, and infection control methods necessary to maintain the department's established quality standards. Demonstrates ability to speak, write, and understand English. Demonstrates competence in the safe handling and removal of medical and hazardous waste. Maintains the hospital's physical environment at the highest level of cleanliness, both from an appearance and infection control standpoint.
- Maintains a sanitary and orderly environment by regularly cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting all areas including patient care units, surgery suites, exam rooms, offices, ancillary areas, restrooms, offices, public spaces, corridors, laboratory spaces, and other areas as needed.
- Dust, mop, vacuum, and clean all areas of responsibility following established infection control and cleaning procedures
- Maintains and organizes service carts, closets, and chemical dilution stations- Ensures that non-medical items and limited medical items, including equipment, solutions, and supplies, are stored according to established procedures
- Demonstrates continuous competency in basic core cleaning skills such as dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and trash and linen removal- Move patient beds and cribs with safe handling standards
- Uses appropriate cleaning techniques, supplies, and safety precautions in cleaning assigned areas and equipment- Removal of medical and hazardous waste
- Connects dilution station- Operates and maintains assigned equipment, vacuums, carts- Reports safely issues and problems or needed repairs promptly
- Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures to maintain the patient care environment and their role in preventing the spread of infection
- Complies with established and hospital policies and procedures, including but not limited to infection control, safety, quality control management, and regulatory requirements
- Compliance with HIPPA privacy and security standards as it pertains to assigned work
- Performs related duties as requested/needed by the supervisor
Starting rate of pay is $20.00/plus Shift Differential Pay
Effective 10/1/2021, position eligible for a $2,000 sign-on Bonus
Required Education/Experience: - Ability to speak, read, and understand English. A demonstration of this ability is required. Required Credentials: - N/A
Preferred:- High school graduate or equivalent experience- One year of previous institutional cleaning experience, preferably in a hospital or hospitality environment- One-year customer service experience- Vocational training and certificate
In accordance with the new Washington law for healthcare workers, Seattle Children's requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning employment.
Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children's -- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all?
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families' ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho - the largest region of any children's hospital in the country.
In 2022, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children's among the nation's best children's hospitals - for the 30th year in a row. For more than a decade, Seattle Children's has been nationally ranked in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report. We are honored to be the top-ranked pediatric hospital in Washington and the Pacific Northwest.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America's best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it's delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
Covid-19 Vaccination In accordance with Washington state law, Seattle Children's requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All offers are contingent and your vaccine status will be verified at onboarding. Our Commitment to Diversity
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children's are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.