|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
Trades & Services
Veracity is a Kansas City-based technology consulting firm that helps our clients and our people excel through the power of technology, transparency and authenticity. It is in our DNA to lead with our values, bringing the human element to developing business strategies and implementing technology tools and processes. We have the right talent, accountability and curiosity to transform businesses into high-performing organizations where people and innovation come first.
Currently, we are searching for a mid-level Helpdesk Technical Support Engineer to join our team for onsite work based in downtown Washington, DC. This person will will provide support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing and maintaining all desktop equipment, printers, software applications and mobile devices to ensure optimal performance. Support will be performed in person (on-site users) or via telephone/remote control (off-site users).
- Ensure proper day-to-day operation of technology applications and equipment by identifying, researching and resolving technical problems.
- Provide deskside assistance to resolve technology issues and provide how-to knowledge transfer to end users on a variety of computer-related issues.
- Perform scheduled moves, installations and cancellations, as well as other MAC-related tasks.
- Provide quality level II support for users with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical knowledge and timeliness either by resolving the issue or escalating and coordinating efforts of other Information Technology staff.
- Solve technical issues and/or investigate elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions to more complex problems or issues. Must know when to escalate issues not resolved at this level to management.
- Utilize ServiceNow for issue tracking, ensuring all user requests for assistance are accompanied by a ticket and all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
- Ensure all tickets are resolved within documented service levels.
- Interact with asset management, network services, software systems engineering, applications development and/or printer maintenance services to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes, creating/updating KAs and SOPs.
- Possess excellent presentation, verbal communication and written skills.
- Provide technology refresh support as needed.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- 2 years' of recent onsite experience in a deskside services role supporting end users in a corporate environment; troubleshooting and resolving all aspects of computer hardware and software.
- 2 years' recent experience in a corporate environment supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365), and using Active Directory in a domain environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling tasks simultaneously.
- Work independently with self-motivation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent customer service.
- Moderately heavy-lifting ability (computers, monitors, printers, etc.)
- Regular & predictable attendance
- CompTIA A+ Certification and/or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- Dell hardware, Apple iPhone and ServiceNow experience
- Experience supporting audio/video and video teleconferencing equipment
- Role is performed indoors in an office setting.
- Position requires the ability to move, carry, push, pull and/or lift up to 45 pounds, as well as climb under/around desks for cable management.
To be considered an applicant for a position, you must: (1) complete the application in full; (2) apply for a specific, available position; and (3) meet all stated minimum qualifications. Applications that are incomplete or are submitted for "any" position will not be considered. Applicants are good for 90 days. If you are not selected within 90 days of submission, and remain interested in a position, you must submit a new application.
Veracity Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran and any other characteristics protected by law.
It is Veracity Consulting s policy that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities with regards to any aspect of their employment. Veracity Consulting is committed to complying with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 and its related Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Veracity Consulting recognizes that some individuals with disabilities may require accommodations at work.
In addition to federal law requirements, Veracity Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
No 3rd parties, please.
- provided by Dice