|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. ("HQCA") is headquartered in Irvine, CA and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the worlds largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnership to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar and other renewable resources.
The Manager of Market Development and Policy (seeking Manager ~ Sr. Manager level) will drive the Grid Service portfolio, synthesize different grid service value streams across ISOs/RTOs, and lead Q CELLS foray into these markets. This position will report to the Director of Business Strategy, or other senior management that the Vice President and/or President of the Company may designate. While this position will be based in either the Irvine Headquarters or San Francisco, CA office (or remote), travel up to 30% will be required. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Study and synthesize the different available value streams for Grid Services across multiple ISOs/RTOs (e.g., Demand Response, Capacity Markets, Energy Arbitrage, etc.).
- Engage with product management to develop product roadmap and define product requirements to support the Grid Services business.
- Be the owner of electricity market/policy updates.
- Fully own all Grid Service activities in your portfolio.
- Serve as subject matter expert on your markets/programs.
- Actively engage and build relationships with policymakers and utility representatives to drive favorable outcomes for Q CELLS and our customers.
- Deeply understand the point of view of Q CELLS customers and support the business development team.
- Drive cross-functional efforts with Sales and Marketing to design, position, and launch any new programs within your footprint.
- Willing to travel up to 30% both domestically and internationally
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in the related field and/or with an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of how demand response portfolios are built, managed and optimized.
- Familiarity with electricity market operation.
- Familiarity with different Grid Service value streams.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Strong communication skills with proven track record in building relationships and working in cross-functional collaborative teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.