|Location||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Category|| Call Centre / CustomerService |
General Service Mechanic - Charlotte NC - $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Pay range will be $17-$23 an hour (depending on experience and availability)
In business since 1988, Vector Fleet Management provides comprehensive multi-year contracted maintenance solutions nationwide. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, we manage multiple satellite operations at various contract sites across the country. Fleet maintenance is our one mission and we know we must hire the best to be the best.
Vector Fleet Management has an opening for a General Service Mechanic to join our team in support of our customer's fleet located in Charlotte NC. Great opportunity to get your foot in the door to advance your mechanical career in the transportation industry. This is a key position with a rapidly growing company that has a true customer service culture.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance on various makes of heavy-duty trucks and trailers in a shop environment
- Perform minor repairs in a field environment with the use of a service truck
- Assist other technicians with minor repairs
- Assist with parts pickup and truck shuttling as needed
- Assist with fueling equipment as needed
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work area and environment. Including but not limited to cleaning shop and service truck & equipment, floors and fluid containment areas
- Must possess adequate hand and power tools required to perform routine repairs and maintenance
- Must be able to work independently and have a proven track record as a self-starter with adherence to company work and safety policies.
- Must have acceptable driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
- VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE REQUIRED (CDL a plus)
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience that includes performing service and repair on the vehicle and/or equipment components and systems summarized above.
- Experience with Ford and/or Paccar engines preferred but not required
- Current ASE certifications for Automotive and/or Med/Heavy Trucks are a plus
What We Offer:
- Excellent pay for the right candidates
- Shift differential pay
- $2000 Sign on bonus
- Vacation accrual beginning on day one
- Paid Holidays beginning on day one
- Full Benefit Offerings (Health, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Plan
- Many other benefits .
Here's YOUR opportunity to work close to home for a great company! If you like what you see here, please APPLY NOW!
Check us out on the web at
Equal Opportunity Employer