|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Why Join us at Sofina Foods, Burlington location?
• Full benefits and pension plan
• Employee product sales
• Weekly pay
• Straight day shifts
• Overtime available
• Multiple employee bonuses
Reporting to the Floor Supervisor, the General Labourer will handle raw meat and orient meat products on conveyor belts. This role will be responsible for cutting/removing specific meat sections, stamping product, packing meat product into carton, applying labels onto product cartons, trimming meat to Company specifications, cleaning floor using squeegee/brush to pile up meat debris and completing any other duties as required.
What you ll be doing
• Manually pack goods into boxes/containers
• Clean floor using squeegee/brush to pile up meat debris
• Handle, orient raw meat products on conveyor belts
• Cut/remove specific meat sections, stamp product
• Any other duties as required
What we re looking for
• Ability to stand for extended hours
• Ability to lift between 5-30
• pounds is an asset
• Comfortable in either a cold or warm environment
• Comfortable working in a Pork processing facility, handling raw meat
• Must be able to communicate and understand English
• Transferable experience includes work as: General labour, Laborer, General Labourer, Construction, Warehouse worker, Machine operator, Labour, Day shift, Light packaging, Warehouse, Hamilton, Laborer, Forklift operator, etc
• Hourly rate: $18,50, with annual increases per Collective Agreement
• $1,000 referral bonus for each successful referral
• Monthly perfect attendance bonus. Up to $2000 extra a year!
• Full benefits (health, dental and vision) after probation
• Pension plan, disability insurance, life insurance, AD&D and weekly indemnity plans
• Weekly pay!
• On site cafeteria
• Along a bus route and next to the Appleby GO station
• Location: 821 Appleby Line, Burlington, ON, L7L 4w9
• Required: 100 Labourer
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ( AODA ). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.