|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Consulting Materials Processes Engineer, Non-Metallics and Electronics Level 6 to join our Parts, Materials, and Processes organization of qualified, diverse. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do
This high visibility position requires a motivated, self-starter with a broad engineering and manufacturing process background, and with an in-depth knowledge of Non-Metallics, and electronics. The successful candidate will:
- Be a technical leader in delivering innovative and effective solutions for our current and emerging Space Systems and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent missions by utilizing industry leading processes and tools.
- Have strong people and technical leadership skills, with excellent 2-way communication and has previously demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills. Interface regularly with Program IPTs, Program Office, and Customer community.
- Must be a leader with a demonstrated ability to work within small to large diverse engineering team constructs addressing a wide range of complex technical problems.
- Have extensive experience in the selection development, and evaluation of Non-Metallics & Electronic parts & hardware used in Aerospace.
- Have a strong background in parts, assembly processes, radiation effects, and part procurement.
- Provide senior technical support and execution oversight to suppliers/subcontractors and in-house manufacturing, ensuring Program and Functional requirements are met.
- Review and assess capability and effectiveness for achieving Program flow-down requirements - including Program requirements via the In-House and Subcontracted PM&P Plans, Subcontract Mission Assurance Requirement Document, Statement of Work, piece-part specifications, and equipment specifications.
- Support technical activities through multiple venues including FRB (Failure Review Board), Top Technical Issues forum, PCAB (Preventive and Corrective Action Board), Quality Review Board (QRB), and PMPCB (Parts, Materials, and Process Control Board).
- Serve as consultant to top management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements. Be called upon to participate on unrelated programs or proposals.
This is an appointed position; entry is available only through documented review and approval by executive engineering management.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 20 years of aerospace or defense engineering experience OR Master's Degree with 18 years of experience; 15 years with PhD.
- Experience to formulate and execute technical solutions to Non-Metallics, Electronics, and process engineering challenges
- Experience leading small to medium sized multi-disciplined engineering teams with development and production of complex systems
- Experience overseeing the technical work of Subcontractors and suppliers
- Active DoD Secret
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Budget management experience
- Component/Commodity Engineering experience
- Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret clearance
- Experience in Missiles & Propulsion
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.