|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Essential duties and responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
* Monitor and maintain pipeline pressures within design criteria and monitor gas quality at various points
* Work closely with the various gas control departments within ETC to execute all gas changes as they are scheduled
* First contact in an emergency response situation. Responsibilities will include notification of emergency services, and ETC management
* Work with the pipeline operations group and plants to maximize pipeline throughput. This includes coordination between the groups during equipment or pipeline outages
* Work with field personnel on basic troubleshooting of communications, SCADA, control valves and other equipment related to gas control and operations
* Complete daily throughput reports
* Responsible for updating and maintaining the emergency notification and operational call out lists
* Evaluate gas control operational problems and provide recommendations to solve these problems
* Some travel and overtime is required
* Strong verbal communication skills together with good interpersonal skills
High school diploma or GED
* Familiar with personal computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, and other programs such as: flow and pressure simulation, velocity, pressure drop, purge and pack, regulators and control valves, relief valves, etc.).
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements
* This is a (12 hour) shift position requiring night, weekend, and some holiday work.
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
* Level C requires a minimum of 0 - 2 years of relevant experience in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience
* Level B requires a minimum of 2 - 4 years of relevant experience in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience
* Level A requires a minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Lifting - on occasion, can be up to 50 lbs.
* Sitting - 10 + hrs/day depending on work load
* Standing - 2 + hrs/day
* Driving - 0 + hrs/day per day
* Walking - 1+ hrs/day