|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Foundation Heavy Equipment Operator. The right candidate will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of multiple pieces of construction equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, back hoes, dump trucks, cargo trucks, and hydraulic truck cranes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Operate equipment to assist in the construction of structures including basements and foundations
• Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers
• Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company's operating safety policies and procedures
• Ensure company equipment and material is maintained, kept cleaned, and stored in a safe manner
• Keep work area and equipment clean by collecting and disposing of scrap, excess materials, and refuse
• Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation as required
• Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
• Ability to work overtime, late nights and occasional weekends if requested
• Troubleshoot equipment to detect and fix operating problems
• Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill the equipment as necessary
• Ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the company's safety program
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to understand and communicate in basic English
On-the-job training or vocational school program completion
Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience within the road construction industry or operating heavy equipment
May require CDL in compliance within DOT guidelines
Ability to operate multiple pieces of construction equipment
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
Proficiency with MS Office and email
Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
Regular exposure to extreme weather conditions, dust and asphalt, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level is generally loud
3 or 4 years of a combination of technical instruction and on-the-job or field training
Experience reading plans
Ability to coordinate your actions with those of other workers
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
• Medical, Vision and Dental
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Flex Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.
Follow us on social for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Primary Location: Iowa-Des Moines
Organization: Home Builder
Job Posting: Oct 14, 2021, 12:00:00 AM