|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
At Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc., we know that water is a precious resource - one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That's why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth's most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you looking for a fantastic career at Aqua? We have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team as the Manager, Financial Reporting. Under the direction of the Assistant Corporate Controller, this position evaluates and makes improvements to accounting processes while ensuring compliance with the company policies and applicable laws and regulations. This position directly manages and completes the company's SEC filing requirements.
- Prepares external financial reports, quarterly 10Q filings, 10K filings and annual reports to shareholders. Responsible for compliance with SEC regulations, GAAP and internal control policies. Responsible for other SEC financial filings as required.
- Responsible for accounting for stock and cash-based compensation, including recognition of tax effects, and other technical accounting programs.
- Responsible for accounting for leases.
- Responsible for key internal controls, including GAAP compliance for overall preparation and accuracy of consolidated financial statements and miscellaneous other financial reports of company-wide operations.
- Maintain the system of internal controls including financial reporting controls. Collaborate in the establishment and improvement of internal controls, resolving identified weaknesses via design and process improvements.
- Develop, implement and maintains accounting policies and procedures.
- Function as the financial accounting technical expert, advising on changes and developments and the impacts. Analyze the accounting impacts of non-standard transactions and document conclusions. Designs, builds, implements and documents new processes to ensure compliance with new accounting policies and procedures.
- Direct accounting and financial audits of employee benefit plans, including oversight of the drafting of plans' financial statements and sponsor financial disclosures.
- Assume responsibilities of Controller or Assistant Controller in their absence for external/internal reporting and internal control compliance.
- Integrate acquisitions into company's accounting systems to ensure proper accounting controls and reporting.
- Performs other assignments as required.
- BA/BS Degree Required
- Master's degree and/or CPA strongly preferred
- In accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the Audit Committee Charter, Aqua America will not employ any person for this position who was employed by Aqua America's independent accounting firm who participated in any capacity of the audit of Aqua America during the one (1) year period preceding the date of the initiation of the audit.
- 5-7 Years of Related Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office suite: Word‚ PowerPoint‚ Excel and other technologies applicable to job.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; communicate effectively (clearly, concisely and professionally) with internal customers
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered multi-tasking environment
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Working conditions may include travel to work sites of Essential Utilities and/or other constituents.
- Travel Requirements up to 10 %. Overnight travel may be expected in certain circumstances.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a condition that may prevent you from applying for a job online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call (1-).