|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
NOW ALSO OFFERING A $750 HIRING BONUS! The pay rate is $20.00/hour. Hourly wage is based on experience and geographical location. Travel time and mileage is fully reimbursable.
Field Interviewers are responsible for
- Making in-person contact with selected respondents to discuss the study, answer questions and obtain participation
- Collecting confidential information and administering standardized questionnaires
- Independently managing administrative duties, including participating in conference calls and completing online trainings
- Screening selected households for eligible respondents
- Recruiting respondents for a longer main interview
- Conducting in-person interviews asking sensitive questions to selected respondents in a private setting using a project-provided tablet.
- Working a fluid schedule of approximately 20-25 hours a week, mostly evenings and weekends (both Saturday and Sunday), when work is available
- When working in the field, must be willing to agree to any COVID-19-related protocols put in place by RTI. These could include, among others, wearing face coverings or respiratory protection, gloves, taking temperatures daily, social distancing with survey respondents, getting vaccinated, and/or completing a health pledge. All safety supplies required for use on the project will be provided by RTI.
The National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG), conducted since 1973, is a national survey of women and men 15-49 years of age designed to provide national estimates of factors affecting pregnancy and birth rates, including reproductive health, menstruation, sexual activity, contraceptive use, pregnancy history -- including infertility, miscarriage, and stillbirth -- cohabitation, marriage, divorce, and use of medical services for family planning and infertility. For more information on the NSFG research project and requirements, please see: .
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking for a part-time, long-term career with a variable schedule that allows you to work independently and not be stuck in an office. You will interact with others and approach selected households without a prior appointment. You must be able to commit to working weekday evenings and weekend hours (both Saturday and Sunday) without exception. Daytime work on weekdays will also be necessary.
If you re interested in engaging people from diverse backgrounds and passionate about the health and well-being of others, this may be the job for you. Qualified candidates MUST be able to work when respondents are available and be comfortable working a consistent, varied schedule to accommodate project needs.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years old at time of employment.
- Available for entire training and data collection period.
- Able to successfully complete training and pass certification.
- Computer/tablet skills, namely email and internet proficiency.
- Must be comfortable asking survey questions on personally sensitive subject matters.
- Must have a valid driver s license and reliable personal automobile available for business use.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends on a weekly and regular basis.
- Must be willing to complete federal background checks, including fingerprinting.
- Able to keep project information confidential.
- Regular access to a reliable wireless internet connection in your home for project work
Preferred Qualifications for Ideal Candidates:
- Positive, self-motivated, curious, and enjoy interacting with people from culturally-diverse backgrounds
- Prior experience working on NSFG or on other surveys that involved interviewing individuals about personally sensitive subject matters
- Effective time, schedule, and workload management skills to meet set deadlines
- Computer skills, namely email and internet proficiency
- Willingness to travel to other areas for short periods of time
- The data collection period is expected to begin August 2022.
- On average, you will be needed approximately 20-25 hours per week when work is available.
- On average, you should be available to work in the field 4 days each week.
- The majority of this work is anticipated to be during evenings and weekends.
- Each of your trips to the field are expected to be at least 4 hours long.
Participate in an 8 day virtual training in July.
Bourbon, Cuba, Ownesville RTI International will accommodate our job application procedures for disabled veterans and other qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you have a disability that affects the use of our online application system, or if you otherwise need accommodation in connection with the recruiting process due to a disability, please CLICK HERE for information on how to contact us to request an accommodation.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach--one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit .
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: operating a computer, a phone, and other office machinery, driving to selected locations; walking from car to household; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between households; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines;, ability to work a varied schedule, including evening and weekend hours based on project needs; consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at .
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here .