|Date Posted||March 11, 2021|
Summary Of Major Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician will perform general repairs and preventive maintenance. Supported systems and equipment will be facility related mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, refrigeration, control systems, and equipment located within office, R&D, GMP and Clinical locations. The Maintenance Technician will provide support to ongoing process and procedure improvement and may also assist in a backup capacity to the Senior Maintenance Technician in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, repairs and maintenance and assisting with projects and on-call coverage.
The hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Communicate facility and safety related issues that arise from daily operations to the Facilities Management to coordinate with internal customers, property owner and/or outside vendors.
- Assist the team in managing spare parts for facility utilities and supplies as needed to minimize equipment downtime.
- Provide assistance in support of the facility and utility systems including but not limited to electrical distribution, plumbing, HVAC, compressed air systems, fire and life safety systems and emergency power.
- Enter, prioritize and complete work orders in the CMMS system.
- Complete miscellaneous facility projects including furniture/employee moves, mounting and hanging fixtures/art, remodeling and other facility improvements.
- Execute preventive maintenance and demand maintenance tasks with proper documentation and closure.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly building inspections to assess the current operational condition, document findings, and take appropriate follow up action following applicable procedures.
- React to loss of electrical power and other utility outages, as well as assist in restoration efforts following weather related events.
- Monitor and respond to facility system alarms following proper procedures.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP) and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements.
- Recommend changes to equipment to improve safety, performance, and reliability.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards, including but not limited to GMP, OSHA, FDA and USDA.
- Participate and perform in the on-call program for emergency service.
- Provide technical support and expertise with oversight from Sr Maintenance Technician for building infrastructure, systems, and controls to maintain efficient and reliable operation, including the completion of accurate and contemporaneous GMP documentation.
- Assist with technical support of all automated infrastructure equipment as required.
- Ensure contractor compliance with EHS polices regarding contractors.
- Implement and improve preventive maintenance procedures.
- Willing to learn and expand tradecraft skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies, systems, and equipment quickly and proficiently.
- Strong documentation skills and attention-to-detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing work environment with rapidly changing needs and requests.
- Independent self-starter with positive attitude and above average organizational skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work standing for approximately 75% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, climb ladders, enter tight spaces requiring awkward postures.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to use a telephone through a headset.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to work with hazardous or flammable materials so as not to endanger oneself or others.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Associates degree in electrical or mechanical maintenance related field; or high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2 years of experience in lieu of Associates degree.
- 4+ years of experience working in a building maintenance, construction, or mechanical repair setting.
- 4+ years of experience operating hand tools, small power tools, multi-meters and various test equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, compressed air, and other related facility systems.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel macros and pivot tables and Word mail merge.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Certification in Maintenance related area.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.