|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Job ID: 592679BR
Date posted: Jun. 01, 2022
Locations: Sunnyvale, California
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you!
Going to space is just the beginning. It's what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most...that's what we do. Our satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we're driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we'll be ready. At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours.
Lockheed Martin Distributed Energy is seeking an experienced: Medium and High Voltage Electrical Engineer at our Sunnyvale, CA location.
The Electrical High Voltage Engineer is responsible for the overall operating condition and reliability of the electrical distribution system to ensure a smooth operation of the plant.
• Tasks include developing and implementing an electrical outage plan for all high voltage and medium voltage switchgear and machine control centers at three Bay Area facilities.
• Maintaining the preventive and predictive maintenance program on all medium and high voltage electrical distribution equipment and assets. This will involve coordinating efforts to monitor, test, repair, and optimize the operation of the high voltage distribution network, including the high voltage overhead and underground distribution systems (115 kV and 12.47 kV), generators, high voltage substations, transformers, switchgears, 2.4 kV and 4.16 kV starters, protection relays, motors, UPS and batteries, and SCADA System.
• Maintaining system studies and arc flash calculations for the plant electrical distribution system.
• Creating and maintaining electrical safety programs and procedures consistent with NEC, NFPA, and Cal-OSHA standards.
• Providing technical support and training to operators and technicians that interact with the site high voltage distribution system.
• Leading troubleshooting efforts to correct problems in the system and resolving all electrical equipment reliability issues or malfunctions.
• Providing consultations on matters relating to safety, reliability, and the selection of equipment for end-of-life replacement.
• Evaluating contracts for power purchase and sales, monitoring power purchase and sales invoices, coordinating with the electric utility provider for sales/purchases and maintenance, and providing monthly usage reports and forecasts.
• Supporting low voltage electrical and instrument improvements and planning of major controls upgrades within the utilities area.
Come, join us and experience your future!
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years working with electrical power.
• Understands the theory of operations of major equipment and a working knowledge of medium voltage electrical distribution systems.
• Knowledge of a variety of equipment and methods employed to test and troubleshoot electrical equipment and generators.
• Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems and to innovate.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams and represented employees.
• Customer focused - able to take initiative and independent action.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Formal education and or professional experience in electrical engineering
• Results oriented
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Proven track record of meeting dead-lines and delivering results
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
• Experience in creating and managing vender service agreements within budget.
• 4 -years of electrical facilities engineering
• PE in Electrical Engineering
• Ability to obtain a TS Clearance
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Facilities