|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
The Electrical Foreman provides a high level of construction knowledge and skills to assigned projects and/or given tasks. Responsible for assigning, planning, scheduling, following up and verifying proper completion of task to craft workers. Must have or be able to develop a solid rapport and communication with both craft and supervisory personnel. Employee must also have a strong working knowledge of equipment operation, safety rules and regulations, basic construction layout and specifications and environmental restrictions.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Leads and enforces the safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Sets, communicates, and enforces production goals and schedules with the crews.
- Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement and the company's standards.
- Recognize material/tool/equipment requirements based on upcoming activities from drawing take-offs and layout work. Interpret blueprints specifications and job orders and assists worker in solving job site problems. Understanding plans, specifications, elevations, grades, and grade checks. Must be able to interpret grade and pave requirements. Thorough understanding of all base and grading equipment and processes.
- Supervise work crew and develop work schedules and recommend personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary actions. Check employee's time sheets for accurate and cost coding and attendance. Ensure new employees are orientated to the job site for safety requirements and tool location. Maintains responsibility for tracking and maintaining tools.
- Assign work task and provide on-site instruction on work processes and procedures and inspect work for compliance with plans and specifications. Able to access work aptitude and ethic for new hires. Coordinate work schedules with other foremen and inspect materials. Operates power equipment and other machinery as needed and performs all task of worker in the crew as required.
- Receive instruction and specification from General Foremen/ Superintendents and transmit them to other members of the crew and interface with project and field engineers and subcontractors as needed to carry out identified task and work orders.
- Act as first point of contact in superintendent's absence to include interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, or any on site visitors. Participate in subcontractors and safety meetings, recognize, correct and report safety hazards and halting unsafe work practices.
- Material Take off and ordering of electrical materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent is preferred. A combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Five or more years of relevant construction industry experience with progressively greater responsibility
- Journeyman Electrician
- Experience in leading crews in the Electrical installation scopes of Battery Energy Storage projects to include DC Circuits, AC Circuits, Battery Installation and complicated communications systems.
- Strong Technology Interest
- Strong communications system infrastructure understanding, including various wire mediums and communication protocols.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and get along with a wide variety of people.
- Employee must be able to pass a post offer criminal background check and substance abuse tests.
- Ability to lift construction materials exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to resolve problems and make appropriate and timely decisions
- Ability to properly access and evaluate workers performance and workmanship.
- Ability to operate various powered construction equipment as well as powered and non-powered tools.
- Ability to work independently, within a team and lead a team.
About CS Energy
Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you. CS Energy is a leading integrated energy company that designs and builds optimized projects in the solar, storage, and emerging energy industries for our customers across the United States. CS Energy is jointly owned by Ares Infrastructure and Power and The Conti Group. We are an extremely bankable company with over $350 million of bonding capacity, a strong balance sheet, and established banking relationships required to fund our operations. CS Energy has over 140 employees and are currently executing projects in all regions of the United States.
Ares Infrastructure and Power strategy seeks to provide flexible capital for cash-generating assets across the climate infrastructure, natural gas generation, and energy transportation sectors. Ares Infrastructure and Power leverages a broadly skilled and cohesive team of more than 25 investment professionals with deep domain experience and has deployed $8 billion of capital in over 140 investments and more than 200 different infrastructure and power assets and companies. Ares Management Corporation is a leading global alternative investment manager operating three integrated businesses across Credit, Private Equity and Real Estate. Ares Management's investment groups collaborate to deliver innovative investment solutions and consistent and attractive investment returns for fund investors throughout market cycles. Ares Management's global platform had $144 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2019 and employs approximately 1,200 employees in over 20 offices across four continents. Please visit for additional information.
The Conti Group is a privately held group of companies spanning the construction, engineering, renewable energy, real estate, technology and biotech markets whose mission is to create positive impact and great value for customers, partners, employees, and society.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.