|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. is currently recruiting for Engineering Technicians located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (JJVC) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which are marketed under the ACUVUE Brand name. Ever since ACUVUE transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Engineering Technician, you will:
- Provide technical and process support for the production line. Work in several cells (machine reliability, standardization, safety, etc.)
- Will work towards acquiring green badge certification
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with J&J Standards of Leadership and has a positive impact on shift
- Train and develop others in process improvements and line management, while reducing process variability and addressing equipment reliability issues.
- Utilize Process Excellence tools
- Maintain current knowledge and adhere to provisions of FDA, OSHA, GMP, MPs, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, equipment specifications and process specifications
- Prepare and maintains accurate documentation for adherence to GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations
- Monitor equipment and process status for new products and new installations
- Create, review, and update electro/mechanical drawings, operating manuals and procedures, maintenance and calibration procedures, and training manuals as required by the scope of projects that are assigned
- Investigate alternative methods and procedures to reduce variability and improve equipment reliability
- Assist the design of experiments, under operational and developmental conditions, to increase yields and improve machine reliability, repeatability and standardization
- Practice vigilance for shop safety, environmental safety, product quality, ergonomics and hazardous energy control
- Provide technical training and certification for Process Technicians on the operation and troubleshooting of the production machinery and process
- Monitor and adjusts the process to improve the throughput
- Responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the equipment while adhering to all quality and safety procedures
- Responsible for performing PMs. Perform routine cleaning and clearing of equipment jams and performs non-routine maintenance, including clearing of jams
- A minimum of a High school diploma is required; Associates degree or equivalent highly preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant technical/vocational industry experience required
- At least two (2) years of college, trade, or military training in a technical discipline OR equivalent industrial experience emphasizing electro-mechanical, PLC, and pneumatics highly preferred Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas preferred: Process Improvement, PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, equipment process development and mechanical devices, controller, mechanical parts design, tooling experience, electrical & mechanical prints.
- Competent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks required
- Physical demands of the position include stooping, walking, pulling, light lifting (up to 25 lbs.), grasping, hearing, visual acuity, kneeling, reaching, pushing, talking, standing, fingering and crawling
- Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts, 6pm to 6am or 6am to 6pm, including weekends, on a regular basis required
- This position will require to complete Ramsay Mechanical Aptitude Test
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.