|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Job ID: 592911BR
Date posted: Jul. 25, 2022
Locations: Huntsville, Alabama
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Huntsville AL.!
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
The CPS Production team is looking for an exceptional Electrical Engineer to support the Design, Integration and Testing of the CPS Weapon System. This position reports to the Production Engineering Senior Manager and will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the LM assembly, integration and testing effort for the CPS Integrated Weapon System.
The Senior Staff Electrical Engineer for the LM Production Program will support a cross-functional, multi-site team.. This engineer must be comfortable working in a highly dynamic customer environment, be comfortable working with geographically dispersed teams, and be able to understand dynamic program which support overall objectives of the program. You will support integration and testing, provide data and support to the team for Lockheed Martin executive level leadership and customer briefings. You will also participate in and support major program reviews and support program execution across a diverse team. Additionally, you will: support the CPS change process; review designs for producibility; process drawing changes needed by manufacturing; support the Courtland Production efforts including integration and testing; support LRHW integration and testing as required, support the LM manufacturing centers; support supply chain manufacturing; and review implementation of design changes into the production lines.
This job may require coordinating with customers, suppliers, test facilities, and other related fields including manufacturing, subcontracts, quality, structure design, analysis, systems engineering, and integration with affected subsystems and facilities. Other duties may include:
• Support launch operations including testing of hardware and systems
• Coordinate and approve subcontract design packages
• Present at Engineering Review Boards, Configuration Control Boards, and Failure Review Boards as required and be expected to handle aspects of product acceptance reviews and certifications as CPE
• Independently develop and provide design solutions, of varying complexity, using solid models, detailed drawings, and release of engineering work products
• Independently review requirements, from various to ensure that applicable requirements are flowed into the detailed design of assigned products.
• Support production meetings and manufacturing & test anomaly/discrepancy resolution
• Evaluate, select, and own the technical aspects of the procurement from the selected hardware supplier
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE:
• Experience with full product life cycle - Knowledge of the definition, interpretation, and implementation of design requirements, coordination and execution of hardware designs, development and integration of hardware for both custom and procured electronic assemblies in accordance with all Lockheed Martin Space engineering process specifications.
YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE:
• 14 - 20 years of professional experience for this role.
• US Citizenship is required for this position.
This position will be filled in Huntsville, AL.
Candidates must have an active Secret security clearance (last completed investigation within 6 years) and must be a US citizen.
Remote work is not possible.
This position may be expected to travel.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor of Science or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience in electrical life-cycle, with experience in both design and test of electrical hardware.
• Experience with electrical system implementation and troubleshooting activities.
• Active DoD Secret clearance or above.
• Willingness to mentor junior engineers
• Experience with cable and system level integration troubleshooting.
• Hardware/Software experience.
• Willingness to learn new environments, work independently in fast-paced development environment.
• Experience presenting and communicating effectively to a broad technical community.
• Previous production engineering experience.
• Experience as a technical lead including resource planning and training, maintaining schedules, and ensuring technical performance.
• Ability to communicate issues and additional resource needs to leadership.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint).
• Active Secret or higher security clearance.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electrical Engineering