|Location||Not Specified, Not Specified|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
The purpose of this position is to provide project-wide supervision of Electrical construction/maintenance projects or multiple smaller projects including the following: field execution, safety performance, development and attainment, management of work crews, cost and productivity performance, quality, and administrative functions such as payroll, time card approval, Work Plan development, and project logistics, etc. This position requires maintaining a good working relationship with customer representatives, engineers, vendors, subcontractors, and project management personnel.
This is a full-time traveling position.
- Electrical Foreman/Lead.
- Electricians and E/I's.
- Subcontractors and vendors.
Functional Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and organize all aspects of a single large, more complex project or multiple electrical projects.
- Efficiently manage resource utilization across multiple projects.
- Administrate staff and subcontractor meetings.
- Recruit supervision and hourly trade personnel.
- Manage crews, equipment and material resources.
- Logistics development and management.
- Cost performance.
- Productivity performance and improvement.
- Develop project Work Plans.
- Work crew productivity.
- Safe work performance, practices, and administration.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Cost Performance:
- Responsible to meet or exceed bid productivity and cost. Monitor weekly labor costs and production rates for accuracy and conformance with established budgets. Take corrective action to improve productivity when labor costs exceed expected norms.
- Use understanding of production rates to aid in the review of bid estimates and project change orders.
- Encourage Foremen to develop innovative methods for increasing efficiency, productivity, and profitability in their particular operation and to provide feedback and coaching on how the work is proceeding.
- Oversee the hourly time card reporting program. This covers items such as approving all of the Foreman s Daily Control as well as other duties prepared by the Foreman, with employee-owners such as hours, job number, cost codes, and quantities.
- Responsible to complete project milestones on or before contract requirements.
- Assist in the development of baseline schedule for projects
- Responsible for the selection of equipment for projects. Direct priority of operations, allocation of equipment and materials for General Foremen and Foremen.
- Ensure that equipment is being used for its intended purpose in the correct manner.
- Review and approve a detailed 3-week construction plan and develop longer-term general construction plans. Investigate reasons for delays in the construction schedule; adjust craft leadership, crew sizes, equipment, etc. as necessary to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Manage to schedule all QA/QC inspections of work necessary to obtain customer acceptance of the work.
- Responsible for overall quality construction performance.
- Responsible for execution of the approved quality plan.
- Inspect all field construction work in progress, including work that is subcontracted, and ensure that uniformly high-quality workmanship is maintained during each construction segment
- Supervise or assign staff as appropriate to supervise all activities performed on the job site regardless of the day or time of performance of the work
- Point out deficiencies promptly with responsible parties and follow up to ensure that deficiencies are corrected.
- Has the ability to manage large staffs and projects, coordinating the efforts of all subordinate staff, craft personnel and subcontractors. Organize the staff into an effectively coordinated working unit.
- Promoting principles of learning, career advancement and coaching in a motivating atmosphere.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customer representatives, engineers, consulting firms, and other parties. Attempt to resolve problems at the lowest practical level through direct negotiations with concerned individuals.
- Foster and promote the training and development of subordinates through various on-the-job training opportunities, company-sponsored training programs and outside learning opportunities such as college courses, trade seminars, and classroom instruction.
- Responsible for accident- and incident-free execution of all work activities
- Enforce all safety regulations and customer and company policies, and be constantly alert to all safety conditions.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance in resolving day-to-day construction problems; investigate alternative work methods and materials to improve efficiency and work quality; and work closely with customers, engineers, and consulting firms to resolve issues
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, ordinances and codes relating to construction activities. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures including employment, terminations, compensation, etc.
- Strong advocacy skills.
- Ability to sell the capabilities of self and of Austin to potential customers. Ability to present Austin s value proposition to prospective customers to grow revenue.
- Ensure successful project completion.
- Review and approved daily reports of all activities associated with field construction activities, and ensure other supervisory personnel complete reports daily basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position-Specific Success Factors
The 5 to 10 Behavioral Success Factors selected from Austin s dictionary of Behavioral Success Factors that are most important in this position:
- Customer Focus
- Planning and Organizing
- Building a Successful Team
- Decision Making
- Manage Conflict
Byers Industrial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Byers Industrial Services, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law