|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Trades & Services
At Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc., we know that water is a precious resource - one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That's why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth's most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you looking for a great opportunity with Aqua? We an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Manager reporting to the plant Engineering Director. The Electrical Engineering Manager is responsible for managing electrical / mechanical systems at continuously operating Water and Wastewater facilities. This includes electrical maintenance and construction of booster pump stations, well stations, water treatment plants, wastewater facilities, and general facilities.
- Manages the assigned engineering team. Interviews, hires, sets high performance standards, and manages performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Union management activities include receiving and investigating employee grievances in accordance with the contract specification.
- Provides technical guidance on safety, routine operations, preventative maintenance, code requirements, power efficiency, and cost control relating to electrical power distribution, pumping, and emergency generator systems.
- Supports and enhances system readiness and resiliency from threats. Oversees and manages risk management activities to ensure continuous operations of relevant systems at the plant.
- Administers plant and engineering functions which result in well maintained buildings, equipment, operating facilities, improved operating and material handling methods and reduced costs.
- Manages the cost-effective operation of facilities within the operating budget, ensuring safety, quality, and continuous customer service standards are met or exceeded.
- Updates and maintains documentation such as records, blueprints and manufacturing manuals for equipment, utility services and buildings.
- Actively oversees, creates, and expands maintenance programs in the electrical and instrumentation functions, and records related data in asset management software.
- Ensures purchased electricity and natural gas are being utilized in an economical and efficient manner.
- Assists the Director in preparation of annual operating and capital expense budgets. Develops and provides budget estimates for current and future projects.
- Supervises installation of new electrical and mechanical equipment at facilities.
- Prepares or oversees electrical design drawings, including single line diagrams, OM Manuals, SOP Manuals. Plays an active role in the equipment selection and specifications process.
- Works closely with Process Control Manager to ensure uninterrupted functionality and communication between electrical equipment and process control systems during both existing equipment upgrades and new installations.
- Manages 3rd party contractors and engineering firms for assigned projects including scope of work development, pricing procurement, design reviews, construction oversight, and contract and budget compliance.
- Manages the Emergency Power generator maintenance program and coordinates with Manager Electrical/Maintenance for testing, repair, and improvements.
- Enhances the electrical safety program by providing engineered solutions to operator electrical hazard exposure.
- Assists with other tasks or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of ten years' experience working in a water or wastewater plant or industrial manufacturing facility and with emphasis on daily operations
- A minimum of five years' experience working with process control systems, including PLC, HMI, and SCADA programming applications.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania, or ability to obtain within two years through reciprocity or testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Deep engineering expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; communicate effectively (clearly, concisely and professionally).
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered multi-tasking environment
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- May be subject to extreme temperatures, noise, wet and/or humid conditions, mechanical, electrical, gas exposure hazards, fumes, dusts, mists, gases and/or poor ventilation atmospheric conditions.
- Working conditions may include travel to work sites of Essential Utilities and/or other constituents
- On call 24 hours/day and on weekends rotating in conjunction with other department personnel.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a condition that may prevent you from applying for a job online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call (1-).