|Location||East Saint Louis, Illinois|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
A Snapshot of Your Day
Our engineers are travelling around the world to develop existing technologies into future technologies. They rely on their know-how and their global network of international colleagues. Complex stations? Big projects? Is this your world? Do you like the freedom to decide yourself which solution is the best for our customer? Thinking about it makes you curious and your open-minded attitude makes it easy for you to get in contact with other cultures and mentalities?
Then let us explore new ways together that ensure our progress and offer you excellent professional perspectives.
How You ll Make an Impact
- In your new position you are responsible for the technical execution of protection systems for FACTS, Synchronous Condenser and substation projects
- You work in an international expert team to develop and implement technical solutions
- You generate design specifications and design hard- and software for protection systems
- You generate dimensioning reports for VTs and CTs and protection coordination studies
- You execute functional performance and customer acceptance tests in our test center at Erlangen
- You commission our plants in Germany and abroad
What You Bring
- You have successfully graduated as an electrical engineer or in power automation
- You have knowledge about FACTS, substations and synchronous Condensers
- You are familiar with power transmission systems (medium and high voltage) and the associated secondary systems
- You have experience with engineering, testing and commissioning of protection systems, ideally SIPROTEC family
- You are willing to travel (appr. 30% of your time) and have fluent skills in English or German
- You are result-oriented and focused on quality and customer while having excellent communication skills.
About the Team
"Let s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Our Transmission Division offers customers a broad portfolio of products, systems, solutions, and services geared around the key market trends of digitalization, decarbonization, grid stability and electrification. Our people are the drivers behind this. With expertise, passion and commitment, we are working to transmit energy as efficiently and environmentally friendly as possible. Sound interesting? Join us and help make the difference.
Check out this video to learn more about our Transmission Division :
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world
- Professional development opportunities within the company
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility
- Medical benefits
- Remote/Flexible work
- Time off/Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Continual learning through the platform